Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirage aftermarket rear anti-roll/stabilizer/sway bar, chassis braces! Ultra Racing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts

Mirage aftermarket rear anti-roll/stabilizer/sway bar, chassis braces! Ultra Racing

I was just poking around the internet looking for stuff today and I remembered Ultra Racing makes suspension stuff. I decided to check them out and sure enough, they already have a fair amount of products designed for the Mirage on their Malaysian website.

Anyway, here is what they offer:

Front Lower Bar / Front Member Brace - Code: UR-LA4-2026
    Front Strut Bar / Front Tower Bar - Code: UR-TW2-2024
    Rear Strut Bar / Rear Tower Bar - Code: UR-RE2-2025
    Rear Lower Bar / Rear Member Brace - Code: UR-RL4-2027
    Rear Torsion Bar / Rear Frame Brace - Code: UR-RT2-2028
    Rear Anti-roll Bar / Rear Sway Bar / Rear Stabilizer Bar (19mm diameter) - Code: UR-AR19-422

Here are some images from their site:

Front Lower Bar / Front Member Brace - Code:UR-LA4-2026

Front Strut Bar / Front Tower Bar - Code: UR-TW2-2024

Rear Strut Bar / Rear Tower Bar - Code: UR-RE2-2025

Rear Lower Bar / Rear Member Brace - Code: UR-RL4-2027
    Rear Torsion Bar / Rear Frame Brace - Code: UR-RT2-2028
    Rear Anti-roll Bar / Rear Sway Bar / Rear Stabilizer Bar - Code: UR-AR19-422

Attached Images Attached Images     
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

Kineo (02-07-2016),m4v3r1ck (10-23-2013),MetroMPG (04-10-2013),RedRage (04-25-2016)

Nice find, Mr Daox!

Of all the parts shown, I think the rear stabilizer bar should be the first on the list for people who want to reduce the amount of body roll.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I agree, the rear sway bar alone would probably transform the car into something that handles much better.

It is odd though, the "add to cart" buttons are greyed out on their site. I wonder if the products aren't quite ready yet? I'll email them to find out.

I also wonder how Ultra Racing's rear sway bar compares to the OEM bar that is fitted to the UK Mirage.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Maybe talldino could have a peek under his car soon.

Aside from mounting points, I would think the main issue is bar size (diameter).

I'm going to go have a look at the HD video blownb310 posted of the underside of the Mirage at the NY Auto Show. Maybe it has a rear bar...

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=oI4Ab47VA6Q

Having a look around the 1:20 mark at the rear, I don't see any bar there. (Of course that doesn't necessarily mean anything about the spec of the Mirage that's coming to the US. This is just a car show model)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I would imagine us spoiled US and Canada peoples would get the rear sway bar. But, if not, we now have an option to buy one!

Country
    Malaysia
    Thanks
    bear in mind that ultra racing got imitation. please buy from official distributor malaysia. but the part has not been released yet. stay tune.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I got a reply from Ultra Racing. CheesyWedges is correct, the parts are new and not available quite yet.

I also got that the rear sway bar is 19mm in diameter. So, we should be able to compare it to the UK version.

Country
    Malaysia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    I got a reply from Ultra Racing. CheesyWedges is correct, the parts are new and not available quite yet.

I also got that the rear sway bar is 19mm in diameter. So, we should be able to compare it to the UK version.
    i believe that reply from same named Jun loong. i think it will around be around may. by that time, US mirage already release and ready for shipping , lol.. just visit the yahoo auction for tein suspension, i think i prefer wait for official tein malaysia release to retail. or maybe direct custom to our performance custom shop ( Titan suspension)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I just got a reply from Ultra Racing as to when the new parts will be available:

We couldn't confirm the exact date but it will be around by next month.

So, we wait!

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Did I miss something does the UK spec mirage have a rear sway bar?