Thread: Another one bites the dust (my wrecked / totaled Mirage)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

Another one bites the dust (my wrecked / totaled Mirage)

So, the unthinkable happened this morning. I was in rush-hour traffic on my way to a training class for my job. Traffic was bumper to bumper, slow and go. We get to a part where we start going at about 20ish, and I glance down for a single second at my phone's GPS, and within that second, the car ahead of me slows down, and I ran straight into their rear bumper. Both the wheel and knee air bags deployed, with enough force to shatter the plastic on the key and two of my little key charms, as well as ripping my lanyard. Thankfully, no bodily injuries of any kind to either party.

I find out what the verdict is from the insurance in the morning, but I'm anticipating a total loss. At least I did have the EasyCare gap coverage, so that will pay off the loan. Right now I'm not sure if I want to go take out another loan on another Mirage, or go back to a cheap $1k Craigslist beater and skip the payments. Needless to say, it's heartbreaking. This is also my first accident I've been involved in.

I can still smell the airbags, too.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by Cani Lupine; 06-18-2015 at 01:39 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)