Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick easy and affordable rear spring upgrade

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zx2uner View Post
    Nope, never drove a '15 or less. They probably did improve the rear, but since I have nothing to compare to, I felt there was too much lean for my liking. Either way, I'm happier now. I'd like to feel the compression difference between the '15 and '17+ though.
    Whooee, if you thought the '17 was too soft the '15 would be like driving a cream puff. Mitsubishi made virtually no changes to the Mirage when they brought into the USA. They only projected 7500 cars a year and really had no idea it would sell at all. Lots of doubt at the corporate level whether Americans would even buy a 74 hp car. But it has sold in far larger numbers than Mitsubishi USA could ever could have imagined. What car manufacturers have forgotten there is a substantial market for simple, reliable and affordable transportation. Mitsubishi just had the dumb luck really to have a car that meets all these criteria. It's been a big enough worldwide seller that Mitsubishi put a few $$ into the refresh.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I love the hell outta it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zx2uner View Post
    I love the hell outta it.
    Me too, we love ours.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Whooee, if you thought the '17 was too soft the '15 would be like driving a cream puff. Mitsubishi made virtually no changes to the Mirage when they brought into the USA. They only projected 7500 cars a year and really had no idea it would sell at all. Lots of doubt at the corporate level whether Americans would even buy a 74 hp car. But it has sold in far larger numbers than Mitsubishi USA could ever could have imagined. What car manufacturers have forgotten there is a substantial market for simple, reliable and affordable transportation. Mitsubishi just had the dumb luck really to have a car that meets all these criteria. It's been a big enough worldwide seller that Mitsubishi put a few $$ into the refresh.
    Actually '15 rear springs are stiffer than '14, 130lbs vs 118 and it contributes to pogo effect.

Agree on dumb luck no one expected that there is such market in USA. All marketing research said 'mericans wouldn't buy such basic car. And they wouldn't have for 18-20k.
    Last edited by cyclopathic; 06-10-2016 at 08:32 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by cyclopathic View Post
    Actually '15 rear springs are stiffer than '14, 130lbs vs 118
    Are you sure about this? This would make most of the aftermarket rear springs available softer than factory '15 springs. 130lb/in is a little over 2.3 kg.

Eibach , gab ss, tein, rs-r are all under that (softer)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMirageMpg View Post
    Are you sure about this? This would make most of the aftermarket rear springs available softer than factory '15 springs. 130lb/in is a little over 2.3 kg.

Eibach , gab ss, tein, rs-r are all under that (softer)
    From personal experience TEIN are definitely softer than OEM. No-name sold as AutoDinasty, MAX Spring, etc are harder but reduce height and similarly to TEIN reduce travel. They may bottom out but not as often as TEINs.

Eibach is supposdely stiffer. Can't say about others.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cyclopathic For This Useful Post:

MightyMirageMpg (06-10-2016)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    i just want to ask how about a suzuki swift rear springs? any idea?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=Alex1a1f;47870]Thanks to BecauseRaceCar for figuring this out.

"I bought a set of 2003 Beetle springs with the same color codes as on here for $48 shipped. I installed one side at a time though. It was very easy to install.

I will say these made a big difference in the way the rear leans. The rear feels more planted, and the car isn't near as tippy feeling. I ran a controlled test with the stock springs and I will do the same with these when I get a minute, and will post them here."

Can u give me some info as to where u bought the springs, I usually do purchases on ebay but after looking for the Beetle springs I could not find any at that price range. Thanks

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=Jairoz1;62967]
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    Thanks to BecauseRaceCar for figuring this out.

"I bought a set of 2003 Beetle springs with the same color codes as on here for $48 shipped. I installed one side at a time though. It was very easy to install.

I will say these made a big difference in the way the rear leans. The rear feels more planted, and the car isn't near as tippy feeling. I ran a controlled test with the stock springs and I will do the same with these when I get a minute, and will post them here."

Can u give me some info as to where u bought the springs, I usually do purchases on ebay but after looking for the Beetle springs I could not find any at that price range. Thanks
    pm sent
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=Alex1a1f;62968]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jairoz1 View Post

pm sent

Can you please let me know where you purchased these and/or the model number of the set you ordered? Thanks