Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Weird issue - acceleration stopped at 3500RPM

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I was the one with the diodes but tat was to keep the circuit from back feeding into the third brake light (with the running lights on)and into the FRONT parking lights when applying the brakes. I busted out laughing on that one when I put the brakes on and saw the front markers come on.

The ABS and traction control unit monitors the brake lamp circuit and it is seriously messing with it when it does not see the correct load from the proper bulb. So the traction control is kicking in why the car is bogging down.
    As an emergency you can key off and it will temporarily reset and go with normal power after key back on, but soon it will figure it out again

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 66.3 mpg (US) ... 28.2 km/L ... 3.5 L/100 km ... 79.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hmm. I had no issues on the drive home, but it was short. The bulbs I have are supposedly CANBUS compatible. Not sure if that matters at all.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ok, lights all came on today like you said, so CANBUS makes no difference. Although the weird hesitation has not happened again, so maybe that part is just coincidence. Swapping the bulbs out tomorrow so if it ever happens again with the stock bulbs in, I will let everyone know.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    To produce the bogging issue,all I had to do is turn the headlamp switch from off to any of the other two positions WHILE driving.

Once the switch was on ,all I had to do is key off and back on to temporarily get rid of the bogging. However a few days later in the middle of my 27 mile commute the dash lit up with all the ABS related lights so the factory bulbs went right back in and had to clear the codes.
    No issues after that.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 66.3 mpg (US) ... 28.2 km/L ... 3.5 L/100 km ... 79.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dplane View Post
    To produce the bogging issue,all I had to do is turn the headlamp switch from off to any of the other two positions WHILE driving.

Once the switch was on ,all I had to do is key off and back on to temporarily get rid of the bogging. However a few days later in the middle of my 27 mile commute the dash lit up with all the ABS related lights so the factory bulbs went right back in and had to clear the codes.
    No issues after that.
    Did you have to take it in to the dealer to clear the codes?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes but I work there...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So they will not just go away eventually if I replace the bulbs? This is going to be a royal pain and I am sure they are going to charge me to clear them...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yep as far as I know it will not clear on it's own. If you want to be upfront with your dealer and tell them all you need is clearing codes no diagnosis involved maybe they will do it no charge. (it still involves a tech to spend his time hooking up to the computer and navigating)

Or just show up there and act like you don't know what happened,it's up to you.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ok thanks. I wont lie about it, I'd rather just be upfront and tell them what caused it. It is pretty irritating that something simple like changing light bulbs can cause you to have to go into the dealership. I figured the Mirage was more of a straight forward vehicle that was not so tied to the dealer network, since it was designed for developing countries. I can not think of any logical reason that the brake light circuit would be tied into the ABS system. So if you burn out a bulb, will the car behave in the same way? This sort of thing reminds me of the electrical nightmares that old german luxury cars are so happy to provide.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So just an update, as soon as I replaced the stock bulbs the warning lights went off, even though it took a day or two for them to turn on. No need for a trip to the dealer to clear anything.