Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How often do you change the CVT fluid?

Country
    Pakistan
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Greetings! I've done some research for you and found an alternative. Lubeguard makes a CVT fluid that is listed as compatible with Mitsubishi Dia Queen CVTF-J4.

http://www.lubegard.com/~/C-1009/LUB...rsal+CVT+Fluid

Although there is no distributor in Pakistan fortunately Lubeguard is an international company and there is a distributor in Oman and the UAE that probably could ship to you. The company is called Dexol and here is the contact info for their distributors.

Oman contact info: Telephone: 968-24458708 Email: oman.dexol@gmail.com

UAE contact info: Telephone: 971-6-5420800 Email: uae.dexol@gmail.com

Hope this helps you out. This fluid will be expensive but at least it's listed as meeting the specifications for Mitsubishi.

Thanks for your time & effort. Its not possible for me to get it from oman or uae. Let me check locally what is available than ill research and ask for guidance for compatability with cvtf j4. Thanks once again. Between do we fill transmission oil from dip stick funnel or by opening some bolt plus can we use toyota cvt tc

Country
    Pakistan
    Thanks
    Mitsubishi no longer in Pakistan last model they launched was 2008 lancer if i remember correctly

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harris View Post
    Thanks for your time & effort. Its not possible for me to get it from oman or uae. Let me check locally what is available than ill research and ask for guidance for compatability with cvtf j4. Thanks once again. Between do we fill transmission oil from dip stick funnel or by opening some bolt plus can we use toyota cvt tc
    What about Saudi or Kuwait?

Valvoline makes a CVT fluid that is listed as compatible. There is a Valvoline distributor in Pakistan.

http://www.valvoline.pk/#
    Last edited by inuvik; 08-25-2015 at 09:07 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Pakistan
    Thanks
    What about Saudi or Kuwait?

Valvoline makes a CVT fluid that is listed as compatible. There is a Valvoline distributor in Pakistan.

http://www.valvoline.pk/#
    Just checked valvoline local website they r just offering atf dex III donno its compatible or not. (cant get from any other country due to some complicated customs laws & clearence issues.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Just checked valvoline local website they r just offering atf dex III donno its compatible or not. (cant get from any other country due to some complicated customs laws & clearence issues.
    Dextron III is definitely NOT compatible. The Suzuki Swift uses the JATCO CVT7 also. Confirm with the dealer there in Pakistan. If so the CVT fluid for the Swift should be fine. It's the same transmission as the Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Pakistan
    Thanks
    Dextron III is definitely NOT compatible. The Suzuki Swift uses the JATCO CVT7 also. Confirm with the dealer there in Pakistan. If so the CVT fluid for the Swift should be fine. It's the same transmission as the Mirage.
    Thanks for your effort but suzuki swift pakistan is 4 speed automatic not cvt. Toyota cvt tc is available will it work

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks for your effort but suzuki swift pakistan is 4 speed automatic not cvt. Toyota cvt tc is available will it work
    The answer is probably no. The Toyota does not use a JATCO CVT. One final thought. Nissan's use JATCO CVT's because they own JATCO. Use Nissan CVT fluid for the new X-Trail and you should be fine.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

91cavgt (08-27-2015),Harris (08-27-2015)

Car Guru
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The answer is probably no. The Toyota does not use a JATCO CVT. One final thought. Nissan's use JATCO CVT's because they own JATCO. Use Nissan CVT fluid for the new X-Trail and you should be fine.

Thank you Inuvik for trying to help another forum member. This board rocks and is more helpful than others I have been associated with in the past, and it is people like you that are making it great!
    Certified holder of useless car knowledge.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 91cavgt For This Useful Post:

Harris (08-27-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    2nd shout out here for Inuvik for sure.

Anyways, here's another option that shows as substitute for Mitsubishi's CVT Diaqueen fluid:

http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-produc...?code=CVTQT-EA

I may or not be using this stuff when the time comes to service my trans.

-Charlie-

Country
    Pakistan
    Thanks
    Ah! Nissan is also not present here. We have only suzuki toyota & honda manufacturer and that too with very very limited models. City & civic r prosmatic toyota tc not an option & suzuki no cvt offering let me check cvt transmission oil availability options in Pakistan than i ll get further advice. Thanks again.