Thread: Car Review w/ video: 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage 5-speed - a decent review (Driving.ca)

Car Review w/ video: 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage 5-speed - a decent review (Driving.ca)

This is an interesting review of the base trim Canadian Mirage (5-speed, $9998, no AC) that starts out by acknowledging the ridiculously brutal NY Times review that trashed the Mirage last year.

Pros:
    - Fantastic fuel economy, low price tag, fun colour palette

Cons:
    -
    Feels cheaply made, bland styling, rear seat comfort

Interesting line:
    - "A search of online consumer reviews suggests that, overall, buyers are happy with their little bargain basement hatchback."

Overall: 72% score (one of the higher ratings I've seen)
    Value for money: good. Mitsubishi's fuel-sipping, no frills hatchback offers straightforward commuting at an affordable price
    Read the full article: http://driving.ca/mitsubishi/mirage/...ishi-mirage-es

There's a short video on that page as well, plus a couple of facebook comments so far (one positive, one negative).

Positive: "It must strike auto journalists, who almost exclusively test manufacturer-supplied cars with 50% of the base price added as option, as cruel and unusual punishment. The people that own them generally like them a lot, which is all that really matters."

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

This review appeared in print (newspaper) today too. I bet Mitsu is going to be happy about that.

Also noteworthy: in the comments, the reviewer reveals her daily driver is a 1992 Mazda 323! So obviously she knows entry level driving.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hopefully that review will spread to the U.S. !! And Both Canada & US sales will Really Increase!!!!

hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)