Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weird Farting Sound

Country
    United Arab Emirates
    Thanks

Weird Farting Sound

Hey guy's this morning i was stuck on bumper to bumper traffic for 1 hour and I kept hearing this farting sound from my mirage. Is it coming from the abs or a/c? I have previously heard this but did not mind it. When i was stuck in the traffic I heard it at least 20 times so I was a bit concerned, has anyone ever experienced this. Attached is the sound clip the farting sound starts at 3:55 of the file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uzte7rg0en...mr?dl=0&oref=e

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uzte7rg0en...71351.amr?dl=1

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage GLX 1.2 automatic: 41.3 mpg (US) ... 17.6 km/L ... 5.7 L/100 km ... 49.6 mpg (Imp)

Phantasmagoria
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sorry I can't hear much of anything on my pc! Some beeping that's all..

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 43.1 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United Arab Emirates
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DonHoot View Post
    Sorry I can't hear much of anything on my pc! Some beeping that's all..
    Hi DonHoot please forward it to the 3:55 That is the start of the tooot sound. Thanks.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage GLX 1.2 automatic: 41.3 mpg (US) ... 17.6 km/L ... 5.7 L/100 km ... 49.6 mpg (Imp)

Very strange. Doesn't sound like any farting I've ever heard!

What was the car doing when it happened? You were driving along? What is the beeping sound immediately after the noise?

What area of the car is the noise coming from?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United Arab Emirates
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Very strange. Doesn't sound like any farting I've ever heard!

What was the car doing when it happened? You were driving along? What is the beeping sound immediately after the noise?

What area of the car is the noise coming from?

I didn't now what to call the sound so just figured it's a car fart. But anyway it's coming from the front right side and the car was creeping along with the traffic for about an hour so I must've heard it around 20 times. The beeping sound is for the mode selector, i was alnost out of gas that's why i was checking how many is the estimated range of the car. Thanks.

Phantasmagoria
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    is it coincidental with pushing the brakes? It sounds like metal on metal rubbing.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 43.1 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Cool

Herbie , was getting Ready To Boogie!!! Lol lol so did you try shutting it down and wait a few sec then restart it? To reset the computer? I know mine does a strange thing when you turn the defrost on the Fan for the radiator comes on and off. Like the temp is up. But if you put it on heat it don't do that.
    Last edited by debburyl; 07-02-2015 at 10:21 PM.
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United Arab Emirates
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DonHoot View Post
    is it coincidental with pushing the brakes? It sounds like metal on metal rubbing.
    It's not coincidental with the brakes, I only have 4k kilometers in the car I think it's not the brake. Would the abs system do that sound? I think it's coming from the area of the abs mechanism.

Country
    United Arab Emirates
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by debburyl View Post
    Herbie , was getting Ready To Boogie!!! Lol lol so did you try shutting it down and wait a few sec then restart it? To reset the computer? I know mine does a strange thing when you turn the defrost on the Fan for the radiator comes on and off. Like the temp is up. But if you put it on heat it don't do that.
    The sound just come and goes, I didn't mind it before but when i got stuck in traffic for an hour it did the sound around 20 times so i was a bit concerned. I'll have to get the dealer check it on my next service. Thanks.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mine made a strange low toned noise today, it sounded like it was from the a/c pump.