Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: fastest speed achieved

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

fastest speed achieved

I'm just curious what the fastest speed you all ever driven your mirage .

The Speedo says 140 so how close have you come to that ?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by upflyer View Post
    I'm just curious what the fastest speed you all ever driven your mirage .

The Speedo says 140 so how close have you come to that ?
    Top speed is 111mph I believe. There was another thread about top speed. No way 74hp could do 140mph, maybe with a turbo.

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    I have gotten just shy of 180km/h which is just under the 110 mph speed limit.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've hit 80 mph before, the Eco light turned off and I was sad so I slowed down.
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I hit 110ish IIRC, then the car wont go any faster even under WOT.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    The Mirage is electronically limited to 112mph or close to that if I remember correctly.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Perhaps there is a difference between the US and European spedification? My Space Star 1.2 easily reached more than 180 kph, but there was too much traffic on the autobahn to go faster. I would trust my Space Star to do about 185 kph on a flat street and much more downhill.

Maybe I go to my Mitsubishi garage tomorrow to order Eibach springs (primarily to reduce air resistance), the first oil change with 0W40 motor oil (if released) and winter tires and rims. Yesterday and today I had a fuel consumption of 3.0 l/100 km on my way to work. But now I want to see a 2 in front when parking the car after 65 kilometers.
    Mitsubishi Space Star 1.2:
    Daihatsu Cuore L251:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Space Star Klassik Kollektion+ 1.2 manual: 67.5 mpg (US) ... 28.7 km/L ... 3.5 L/100 km ... 81.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 25Plus View Post
    Perhaps there is a difference between the US and European spedification? My Space Star 1.2 easily reached more than 180 kph, but there was too much traffic on the autobahn to go faster. I would trust my Space Star to do about 185 kph on a flat street and much more downhill.

Maybe I go to my Mitsubishi garage tomorrow to order Eibach springs (primarily to reduce air resistance), the first oil change with 0W40 motor oil (if released) and winter tires and rims. Yesterday and today I had a fuel consumption of 3.0 l/100 km on my way to work. But now I want to see a 2 in front when parking the car after 65 kilometers.
    180 kph is 111mph so that sounds right on par with everyone else .

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    The Mirage is electronically limited to 112mph or close to that if I remember correctly.
    Somewhere I thought I read it was NOT electronically limited but it was drag limited. Article could have been lying.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Somewhere I thought I read it was NOT electronically limited but it was drag limited. Article could have been lying.

I can't remember where I saw the speed limitation. Since the Mirage doesn't have V rated tires I'm pretty sure it's electronically limited. Manufacturers don't want the lawsuits from having tire failure from being able to drive faster than the tires are rated for. If you could push a Mirage to 140mph there would have to be a bunch of changes to the car before I'd even attempt it (much stiffer suspension springs with koni's or kyb struts, 4 wheel disc brakes, anti sway bars front and rear and of course appropriate tires). I'm not sure I'd even want to try 100mph as soft as the springs and suspension are from the factory!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)