Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Door Dings!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Door Dings!!!!!!!!!!

I had it happen in my drivers Door at Mcds , then by my nabor . Then today when I was Shopping Name:  image.jpg
Views: 737
Size:  99.5 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 662
Size:  99.9 KB So I'm thinking I Need to put Side Molding on the doors. To protect my sides from idiots hitting my car!! Has anyone else have this Happen? Does the door side molding prevent this?

hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    ouch!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Bummer! I put the side moldings on mine shortly after I bought it. I don't know if they help, but they damned sure can't HURT!

I didn't like the way they raked up towards the back of the car with the factory-style install, so I put mine on a little more level.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

debburyl (07-03-2015)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    debburyl,
    Try a paintless dent repair service, amazing results. I got one ding I haven't fixed, but it's not really noticeable. Someones trash can blew down the road, made a right turn into my driveway and dinged the bottom of my passenger door. The car was eight weeks old. Really annoying.
    I park away from everyone when I can.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tomrad For This Useful Post:

debburyl (07-03-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Molding may help, but I had it on a Mustang once and the person hit it so hard the molding had a dent in it.

Grr!

On the bright side: most those white paint marks can be removed... I'd try different solvents before any kind of compounding. If they haven't broken your paint, it may clean up completely.

I like paintless dent "massaging/removal" too. I've even tried it myself with patience and some plastic tools (with varying success... sometimes very good).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

debburyl (07-03-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Wow!! Normally I park far away from everyone else!! The Frist one in my drivers door is just a little mark . Not real noticeable . And I had parked closer to the door of Mcds . So after that I didn't park close anymore. The two that I posted the one on my back Door I think my handicap nabor did that with her chair. And the passenger door I had parked I thought far enough away! It's weird I park to where I think no one else will park and when I come out, I can't find my car!!!! Everyone else has parked around my car!!!
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks, Metro,,,, for your post, called the insurance,, and I will more then likely try your idea. It's Crazy Someone Else Hits your Car and your not in the car and you have to pay the Deductable !!!
    hello from bluejellybean

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Man I hate dings. Especially when you get them at work from a fellow coworker. That's always nice

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Door dings and, more recently, people scraping the car when pulling into a parking spot.

I've had 3 fenders get scratched on my car recently! I'm going to be putting pipe insulation on the fenders.