Thread: Cruise control in action

Country
    Switzerland
    Thanks

Post Cruise control in action

Hello everyone,

just took my Dolly on the first longer drive with my aftermarket cruise control (rostra) and logged our trip back from Alexandria, VA to Germantown, MD.

I've logged the altitude and speed alongside with other data. In the plot below you can see the two former as a function of time, with speed in green and altitude in blue, respectively. The last horizontal line in the speed trace is the stretch on the I-270 with an average of 54.5 MPH (I thought I had it set to 55). The cruise speed varies with a standard deviation of 0.4 MPH, which is pretty good, considering the terrain.

Attachment 3381

In comparison, my latest logged trip with human cruise had 57.0±1.9 MPH under similar conditions.

I am happy with my cruise control and the trip average of 52 MPG is also great. Can't wait to take it on my road trip across the nation in August.

Attached Images Attached Images  

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.8 mpg (US) ... 20.3 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Donut For This Useful Post:

inuvik (07-04-2015),MetroMPG (07-05-2015)

Thanks for the update. Nice MPG.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)