Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Seats height

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My Mirage has adjustable seats.....still way to high all the way down. I was going to look into cutting the seat support flanges on the brackets and having a local shop weld it back together to be lower. However, on the divers seat, the right rear seat support mount is different (mounted in higher position) than the others making such a task near impossible without significant cutting and welding. So basically check your seat design before doing anything. Try to find a Mirage with adjustable seating and test it. Your non adjustable seat might be relatively low already.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I agree with lowering it more. I have an adjustable seat and it is not low enough for my liking. They are trying to give everyone the feeling of being in an suv. I prefer sitting lower when I am in a car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I thought about swapping some EVO seats in the front. still have airbags and you get a way better seat!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ednevell For This Useful Post:

inuvik (01-23-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ednevell View Post
    I thought about swapping some EVO seats in the front. still have airbags and you get a way better seat!
    If you do, post up, I was thinking about this exact idea today, buying one evo seat for the driver seat (I'm all that matters anyway, but maybe 2 for aesthetics) and hoping it pops right in. If the mounds are the same (doubtful) it would be awesome.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    The seat adjuster on the ES is weird. It only raises and lowers the bottom of the seat cushion, not the whole seat. So the position of the bolsters and lumbar support change as well. Took me quite a while to find the sweet spot.

It's an odd design.
    Isn't this intentional so you can position the lumbar support correctly for your torso height?
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Anyone have Recaro or any other racing seats?
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marklovski View Post
    Anyone have Recaro or any other racing seats?
    I have been looking at them online. I would love to have a pair to switch these out with. I should try to look for used Evo seats. I also read somewhere about adding some type of resistor to the seat airbag sensors so they can be removed without illuminating the light on the dash.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Gotta be careful about seat height, guys. Don't forget that the jack is stored under there!

Sure it could be moved, but the brackets that secure it would have to be cut off to accommodate different seat brackets.

Who the hell wants a car that they have to fall into and climb out of?? I like the Mirage's seat height.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Gotta be careful about seat height, guys. Don't forget that the jack is stored under there!

Sure it could be moved, but the brackets that secure it would have to be cut off to accommodate different seat brackets.

Who the hell wants a car that they have to fall into and climb out of?? I like the Mirage's seat height.

I don't want to sit on the ground but I also don't want to sit to high either. I don't want my car to feel like its trying to be an SUV. It seems like auto manufacturers are all trying to fool people into thinking that the cars are bigger and taller than they are. I enjoy small cars and I want them to feel small. The body of the Mirage sits higher off the ground than most other cars, plus the seat is mounted high and for me it is just too much. For comparison, a Honda CRV has ground clearance of 6.8 inches. The Mirage is 6.3. The 2016 Civic is 5.3 inches. For people that care about how a car drives, the lower you can be in the car the better.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarles2 View Post
    I don't want to sit on the ground but I also don't want to sit to high either. I don't want my car to feel like its trying to be an SUV. It seems like auto manufacturers are all trying to fool people into thinking that the cars are bigger and taller than they are. I enjoy small cars and I want them to feel small. The body of the Mirage sits higher off the ground than most other cars, plus the seat is mounted high and for me it is just too much. For comparison, a Honda CRV has ground clearance of 6.8 inches. The Mirage is 6.3. The 2016 Civic is 5.3 inches. For people that care about how a car drives, the lower you can be in the car the better.
    I see what you are saying, but the Mirage is an econobox built for the masses. I don't like cars I have to climb up into, and I don't like cars that I have to fall down into. I don't think most other people like this, either.

With a small car such as the Mirage, I like the outward visibility the car's height and seating position provide. But to each his own.