Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DRIFT Xaust air intake system on Mitsubishi Mirage

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    No air filter. Why not just cut the back off the air box, but retain the filter without any more of the air box than you need to hold the filter in place.

regards
    mech

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage de 1.2 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    I have contacted these guys about 10x trying to order one of these intakes, they just tell me the same thing everytime..."we will fabricate your intake".

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.2 automatic: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by old mechanic View Post
    No air filter. Why not just cut the back off the air box, but retain the filter without any more of the air box than you need to hold the filter in place.

regards
    mech
    That's what I did to my car.
    I don't feel any lose of power on low RPM, but around 5000rpm you have a nice little push, and the sound is pretty nice too.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    by the way with all the hot air your suck from the engine it also give my a better mpg , around
    0.5l/100km in city

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I hate how theres no intakes for the MAF.

Its a cosmetic thing for me mostly. I want something that functions properly on a US mirage and removes all the clutter over top of the engine while dressing it up. The drift intake looks like it does that but, it doesn't work with MAF.

Also whats up with all these companies having outrageous prices these intakes. They're charging the prices that full intake pipping on a evo cost for just a ram intake.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    don't many aftermarket intakes lose power on these engines? i thought i read that somewhere

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Why hasn't anyone run a CAI down to the lower grille, add a heat shield between the left side of the rad and the filter, and do a grille delete on the left side where it's blocked off? The bottom is already shielded off from debris and you'd have larger air flow to the filter than through the upper grille or under the hood. In which the lower half of the fascia would have the most airflow aside from the roof of the car.

And just trim the MAF hose section and mate it to the piping?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have found removing the snorkel from the stock air box provides more than enough airflow to the huge stock air filter.
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alex16 For This Useful Post:

mitsumi (05-11-2016),RedRage (04-26-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hi, those of you that modded your airboxes. Do you feel any loss of power during the warmer months due to increased intake temps?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by silverstreak View Post
    Hi, those of you that modded your airboxes. Do you feel any loss of power during the warmer months due to increased intake temps?
    My butt dyno says yes. Runs great when my Scangauge is showing an intake temp of about 80 degrees. Lately it's been 90 here with intake temps about 109-115. You can tell it is much slower when accelerating from a stop at those temps. Only time it really feels normal is the 4-5k range at those temps. Basically, going to work when it's cool still, it runs like a top. Heading home in the heat of the afternoon, it feels like running through mud.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 51.2 mpg (US) ... 21.8 km/L ... 4.6 L/100 km ... 61.5 mpg (Imp)