Thread: Stereo troubles

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Stereo troubles

Hi,
    I am the proud owner of a brand new mirage. It's been perfect in almost every way. The problem I am having is my stereo drops out. It does it randomly and it's usually just one speaker at that point in time. It's always a different speaker when it does it. I've taken it back and they claim there is nothing wrong and that it's a signal issue with hit105 and nova.
    Sometimes two speakers drop out and it's either side front and rear or both fronts. It's like having a blocked ear most of the time. I have taken it back to mitsubishi 4 times now. At first they couldn't hear it. Then they heard it and fixed it by tightening all my fuses - the third time they couldn't look at it and the fourth time I got some arrogant fella that decided I was a girl and knew **** all about cars.

Now I've complained to mitsubishi and the dealer is saying they've not been able to hear my issue at all. This is after the mechanic there told me this is a common fault in all mitsubishi and Suzuki cars.

Have any of you had this experience?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 81nessa For This Useful Post:

ThunderG (07-10-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    So is it only a issue when you are using the radio? If so then it is either a signal problem with the antenna (may not be grounded correctly or plugged into the back of the stereo firmly enough) or the tuner in the stereo is faulty.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Dealership it. If its new, have them worry about it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    ^+1

If they refuse to help... take it to another dealer. Could be a small number of things. Weird that they haven't or don't want to figure it out.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Try several different FM stations, and an AM station (or MW, depending where you live). Try a cd or aux input. If the symptom is just on one band (probably FM), then defective tuner. If the problem exists on all sources, could be in the audio switching (source to amplifier).
    Although I doubt that Mitsubishi repairs them they probably exchange and send them out for 'depot' repair.
    I worked as a car radio tech for many years (and it was many years ago. Well, maybe 15-20, lol!).

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Just reread your post, that sounds very much like an audio problem, not tuner problem. Try it on AM (or MW) first, to confirm.