Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 84

Thread: VW lowering springs + Rear sway bar review

  1. #21
    Member f0k4l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Olympia, WA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 15 Times in 9 Posts
    Well like I said, mine are reversed and are going strong. Haven't settled any yet (noticeable anyway) , and both front and back are stiffer. Doesn't "float around" as I call it.



  2. #22
    Senior Member Ares's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Houston
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    1,548
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 90 Times in 63 Posts
    91cavgt - I was hoping you would do that.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ares For This Useful Post:

    91cavgt (08-26-2015)

  4. #23
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Mitsu
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    1,359
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    256
    Thanked 300 Times in 237 Posts
    Anyone knows the rates on those.?
    There's a set of Mirage specific springs on Amazon for $70
    Quote Originally Posted by f0k4l View Post
    Well like I said, mine are reversed and are going strong. Haven't settled any yet (noticeable anyway) , and both front and back are stiffer. Doesn't "float around" as I call it.

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)


  5. #24
    Car Guru
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Waco, Texas
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    632
    Thanks
    156
    Thanked 163 Times in 109 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclopathic View Post
    Anyone knows the rates on those.?
    There's a set of Mirage specific springs on Amazon for $70

    Just remember they will not be the same. The Mirage specific springs will lower the car while the VW Beetle springs will raise the car up some.
    Certified holder of useless car knowledge.

  6. #25
    Senior Member Ares's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Houston
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    1,548
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 90 Times in 63 Posts
    ^ And because these springs are for a heavier vehicle, the springs are stiffer. But as already noted, these spring rates seem to be great for the mirage.

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclopathic View Post
    Anyone knows the rates on those.?
    There's a set of Mirage specific springs on Amazon for $70
    link?

  7. #26
    Car Guru
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Waco, Texas
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    632
    Thanks
    156
    Thanked 163 Times in 109 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    ^ And because these springs are for a heavier vehicle, the springs are stiffer. But as already noted, these spring rates seem to be great for the mirage.



    link?

    Here ya go. 1.5" drop.

    http://www.amazon.com/Mitsubishi-Mir...Mirage+springs
    Certified holder of useless car knowledge.

  8. #27
    Senior Member Ares's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Houston
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    1,548
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 90 Times in 63 Posts
    Looks enticing. But IDK. I'm afraid that anything less than the VW springs will be too soft. I don't want to be bouncing around. I don't think our shocks would help.

  9. #28
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Mitsu
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    1,359
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    256
    Thanked 300 Times in 237 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Looks enticing. But IDK. I'm afraid that anything less than the VW springs will be too soft. I don't want to be bouncing around. I don't think our shocks would help.
    fear not they are probably the same as these:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/181670124227...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    Name:  dna_white_springs_1_1.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  34.1 KB
    Lowers Front / Back: 1.5" / 1.5"

    For: 2012+ Mitsubishi Mirage DE ES SE (Drop Height May Differ Slightly Depending on Chassis Model)

    Spring Rate: 175 lbs / 205 lbs
    Actually they are:
    AMAZON Manufacturer Part Number AD-LS-MMIR12-BL (black), AD-LS-MMIR12-WH (white)
    EBAY SKU: LS-MMIR12-WH

    for reference
    175lbs/in = 3.125kg/mm
    205lbs/in = 3.66kg/mm
    Last edited by cyclopathic; 08-27-2015 at 10:58 PM.

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)


  10. #29
    Car Guru
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Waco, Texas
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    632
    Thanks
    156
    Thanked 163 Times in 109 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Looks enticing. But IDK. I'm afraid that anything less than the VW springs will be too soft. I don't want to be bouncing around. I don't think our shocks would help.

    Keep this in mind. With ANY lowering springs, you really need to change out the shocks/struts to better ones. The combination of shorter stroke and stiffer springs will cause the car to bounce while on the stock struts/shocks when you drive over rough roads. The VW springs should not bounce nearly as much as you are not decreasing the effective stroke of the factory shocks/struts.
    Certified holder of useless car knowledge.

  11. #30
    Member f0k4l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Olympia, WA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 15 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 91cavgt View Post
    Keep this in mind. With ANY lowering springs, you really need to change out the shocks/struts to better ones. The combination of shorter stroke and stiffer springs will cause the car to bounce while on the stock struts/shocks when you drive over rough roads. The VW springs should not bounce nearly as much as you are not decreasing the effective stroke of the factory shocks/struts.
    This is why I went with them. Especially because people were reporting struts blowing out due to extra strain placed on them with the greater travel required with shorter springs.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •