Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I just put these on today. (spring spacers)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    debburyl, i totally agree with u but my goal for this car is economy. I could have bought a nicer car for around the same money it would cost to upgrade the mirage. The mirage is supposed to pay back with low maintenance costs and great fuel mileage. I'm really happy with my mirage now that the body roll is gone. Going the route of better wheels and tires will almost surely hurt fuel economy. I'm just going to go slowly and make one change at a time until i get the most out of my mirage. This car was supposed to be for my wife. Somehow I'm driving it all the time now. I'm at the point where I don't care how my car looks to other people. It's at the gas station I'm showing off.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by obrother View Post
    debburyl, i totally agree with u but my goal for this car is economy. I could have bought a nicer car for around the same money it would cost to upgrade the mirage. The mirage is supposed to pay back with low maintenance costs and great fuel mileage. I'm really happy with my mirage now that the body roll is gone. Going the route of better wheels and tires will almost surely hurt fuel economy. I'm just going to go slowly and make one change at a time until i get the most out of my mirage. This car was supposed to be for my wife. Somehow I'm driving it all the time now. I'm at the point where I don't care how my car looks to other people. It's at the gas station I'm showing off.
    shoot thats how I got my wife to bite the bullet and get out of her SUV. She hated the mirage for the first 2 weeks, until she had to spend $13 to fill it up finally. Now its I LOVE my car blah blah blah as she is shopping.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Obrother, ok But just to let you know My New wheels didn't change my MPGs, Because I had to take it to the Dealer that I bought it from which is 130 miles away to fix a Airbag Sencor and to Reprogram my tire sencor and I Got 50.2 mpg. And that was Driving 60 to 70 mph . Because I didn't change the tires just the rimsName:  image.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  95.9 KB
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Tlstreak, sometimes that's what it takes. When my wife Frist saw it , she said it was too small with her service Dog. But now she Loves it!!! it fact I was giving her a bad time the other day and told her I was going to trade in Bluejellybean! For a Sport outlander, because the Dealer gave us a ride in a real nice one. And she had a Fit!!!! Your not trading in our Mirage!!! Lol so my wife really loves our Mirage
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    debburyl...What are the specs on your rims /tires? I'm running the stock aluminum rims with stock dunlop enasave 165/65/14...
    I was doing the same things as this guy talks about in the link below... 'yaw' from being pushed on the side of the car. If there was a cheap way to get rid of the yaw of the stock setup of small narrow rims and low resistance tires with soft sidewalls/low lateral performance and keep the fuel economy.

http://priuschat.com/threads/repost-...summary.10881/

and here is another thread on the prius... talking about solutions...

http://priuschat.com/threads/unstabl...s.55978/page-1
    Last edited by obrother; 07-25-2015 at 07:49 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Obrother, my new wheels are 14X5.5 or 6 and I have the same tires you have. I didn't change the tires. My rims a just a little bit wider then the stock steel wheel that came with the car new.
    hello from bluejellybean

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    debburyl, I got you now. Same tires wider rims. I think your rims are 6" from what's listed on tirerack. Can you describe the difference you've noticed. Does the track straighter in a high sidewind. I've had to keep the steering wheel 30 degrees left in a strong constant crosswind coming from the left on a road the slanted slightly to the right before I changed anything on my car. That was on the the I90 on the south side of lake erie. Not a relaxing ride at all. That's pretty interesting that you got aftermarket rims for o.e. tires that are wider. I wouldn't have thought of doing that. Already having aluminum rims means I would have to make sure that this combo will work for sure because normally one would get a larger diameter rim to get the "better look". Some people claim putting on heavier rims/tires means lower mpg. Yours are rated at 14.9 lbs. The T9's and CS1's are listed at 12.4 lbs. Slightly different offset. Anyone know what the o.e. steel/aluminum rims weigh? I just want to make sure we are exactly on the same page.
    Last edited by obrother; 07-26-2015 at 04:03 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Obrother, you can take a close up of my wheel and see they are just a little bit wider then, the steel wheel. I think the steel wheel is more narrow and smaller then the ES wheel. Because all I know is when I had my wheels put on, the car sit higher up, and when I drove it home it had better control when trucks would pass me, it just had a better feel to it. So is yours the ES? Or you have the DE?
    hello from bluejellybean

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I have the higher model in canada they called it the S.E

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Just bought and installed the exact product (as seen in the first post) front and rear using the ''size D'' spacer. Great improvement in ride/handling and I see no need to buy springs. I notice a lot less body roll and much more control in the corners. Its more responsive and feels more planted. Very happy.