Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Throttle Body

Car Guru
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Like I have previously stated: minimal and no gain is different. Our cars need minimal.

But that's just my thinking.

One of these days, I'll benchmark my car, then purchase a whole lot of these little mods, and dyno again.

I would like it if someone were to actually dyno those parts. You can search on YouTube for dyno runs on other vehicles for all kinds of parts. On some cars there is power gains, some significant power gains. On other cars there are little to no noticeable gains (i.e within the standard variance of the dyno readings) and on others there are actually power losses.

I would love nothing more than to be proven wrong, but my years of being involved in racing, modifying cars, and being a mechanic tell me we have to look elsewhere first, then come back to these mods to see any appreciable power gains.

Certified holder of useless car knowledge.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I think you're spot on. This car isn't a Honda, its not doing its work on the right side of the power/torque chart. That said, I think an item the NA performance-oriented folks really need to consider is a true 'header'. Our log manifold+cat combo is a huge choke point; the dyno charts from speedlab confirm it, even without a tune the header was the most significant "power-adder".

Real power would be going turbo, but I haven't seen that yet. I think a factory turbo option would be amazing, but MMNA is so conservative and slow these days I doubt they have that kind of vision.

Country
    Taiwan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GrnBn View Post
    I think you're spot on. This car isn't a Honda, its not doing its work on the right side of the power/torque chart. That said, I think an item the NA performance-oriented folks really need to consider is a true 'header'. Our log manifold+cat combo is a huge choke point; the dyno charts from speedlab confirm it, even without a tune the header was the most significant "power-adder".

Real power would be going turbo, but I haven't seen that yet. I think a factory turbo option would be amazing, but MMNA is so conservative and slow these days I doubt they have that kind of vision.
    I have recently have my extractor replaced, cat deleted and dynoed the before/after, there is 9hp gain and 1kg torque increase without replacing the filter and tuning.. The extractor was designed locally by Supercircuit, was really impressed until now.

Car Guru
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jjjoooyyy View Post
    I have recently have my extractor replaced, cat deleted and dynoed the before/after, there is 9hp gain and 1kg torque increase without replacing the filter and tuning.. The extractor was designed locally by Supercircuit, was really impressed until now.

Why are you no longer impressed?
    Certified holder of useless car knowledge.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Like I have previously stated: minimal and no gain is different. Our cars need minimal.

But that's just my thinking.

One of these days, I'll benchmark my car, then purchase a whole lot of these little mods, and dyno again.
    You can get many of these answered by running TorquePro or equivalent and watching the values.

For example if in car A manifold vacuum is 1.5psi at WOT and with filter removed is 0.9psi, you won't find more than 0.3psi or 0.3/13.2 = 2.3% HP gain. Similarly if disconnecting hose btw TB and airbox gives you 0.3psi manifold vacuum, you won't find more than that in TB.

disclaimer: numbers above are not actual measurements are provided for illustration purpose only.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cyclopathic For This Useful Post:

Daox (01-08-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Has anyone done the actual testing?
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

wilbur (04-28-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Fine... I'll go buy the damn bluetooth OBD and get the app.

Country
    Taiwan
    Thanks
    Sorry for my poor English.. I'm still impressed haha