Thread: 'Sold' a Mirage yesterday

Mirage G4 SE
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Name:  IMG_4391.jpg
Views: 481
Size:  98.6 KB

My co worked bought a 2015 Mirage ES with Navigation in November 2014 and after driving hers a few times I so wanted one so in July 2015 I purchased my 2015 Mirage ES with Navigation in Starlight Silver and over 1 year later and 12,000 miles I still love it and in 2018 I will trade in on another Mirage no question!!!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mirage ES Navi For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (10-21-2016),Cobrajet (10-21-2016),davidricardo86 (10-21-2016),fanfare (10-25-2016),MetroMPG (10-21-2016)

Country
    Panama
    Thanks
    Haha I LOVE this thread. I was at the dealership getting an oil change and I sold a Mirage while I was waiting. It seemed I was more enthusiastic than the actual salespeople, but I spoke with more authority, because I owned one. I showed them pics of the time I got 64 MPG from Ottowa to Delaware on one tank of gas!! And took them for a spin in my own MIrage and asked them to bring a CD so they could hear the stereo and then I played Pandora for them. Invited the family members to sit in the back seat and give testimony of their level of comfort. I mentioned that most cars use most of their engines to propell themselves and not the occupants. Now a cross-country trip would cost much less than Greyhound ticket and if they used their car for business it was practically like driving a free car because with the puny gas consumption and the government paying over 50 cents per mile that more than pays for the monthlies on the car! Sold! The dealership simply did the paperwork for the sale.

Also, because of my incessant blabbing, and showing my gas savings, my sis got rid of ger gas guzzler and now drives one of those eye-blinding pink-fuscia metalic ones, whatever the hell they call the name of that colour. lol

Then, I drove my CEO in a G4 for a week when we were on travel. I was derrided by my superiors for soing such an "unspeakable" thing! He actually enjoyed it and felt confortable in it and he's 5' 11". He laughed at the engne saying he had a motorcycle with a bigger engine. But when he saw what we paid for gas for a week's worth of driving, that's when he really fell iun love and said he'd equip two of his overseas locations with fleets of these as a way to comfortably cut costs without sacrificing interior space and comfort. He knows that I drive one. My peers tried to poke fun by calling ot a hamster-mobile or a roller skate but now I have my CEO's endorsement they've shut up. lmao

So, those are my sales stories.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage GLS 1.2 automatic: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.4 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.1 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fanfare For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (10-31-2016),Eggman (10-25-2016),inuvik (10-25-2016),wellswebdesign (10-25-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    @cobrajet - I'm surprised there are still new 2015's available. How much did your friend pay?

I need to start negotiating commissions from dealers. I have a lot of friends that hate car buying and I've 'sold' several cars this year. But no Mirages.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranny View Post
    @cobrajet - I'm surprised there are still new 2015's available. How much did your friend pay?

I need to start negotiating commissions from dealers. I have a lot of friends that hate car buying and I've 'sold' several cars this year. But no Mirages.
    I bought mine from Eugene Mitsubishi. Super low, no sales pressure, but they are also a very small dealership so you might do better on price elsewhere. I did my entire transaction over the phone and email and then showed up, sign the documents and left. About 20-30 minutes there. It could have been less than 15 minutes but I was chatting with the staff for at least 10 minutes.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (10-31-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranny View Post

The first friend bought a white '15, but the red car next to mine in the second pic is actually a '17. I don't know how much he paid, but the rumor is, uhhh....'too much'.

There is a dealership north of me that still has about half a dozen '15s left. Three Plasma Purple DE manuals, a Plasma ES CVT, a red ES CVT, a silver ES NAV CVT, and a gray ES NAV CVT.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I actually came over these from the Geo Metros. My GF owned a Festiva in the past. I had been looking into these and finally her piece of crap Suzuki Reno (Daewoo junk) blew a head gasket or worse and I told her that it was time for it to go. The car had been nothing but one problem after another since I started dating her and there were other things needing work. I told her to take a look at the Mirage as she liked the Festiva and bought it without question. I waited until the big 2015 clearance to get mine so she bought one first on my suggestion before I even owned mine! That is a unique twist.

Conor

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    "Sold" another one! My buddy and coworker Blake had been having too much trouble with his inherited '01 Hyundai Elantra to keep it on the road. He asked me what he should buy, and y'all know what I said! Off to the Mitsubishi dealership we went.

He wound up with a '17 SE CVT in Sunrise Orange. I was a little saddened to learn, however, that this dealership was dropping the Mitsubishi brand. So this may be my last referral.

I gotta admit that I am a little jealous!

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

debburyl (05-24-2017),inuvik (05-24-2017),MetroMPG (05-24-2017)

Nice going, Cobrajet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    was a little saddened to learn, however, that this dealership was dropping the Mitsubishi brand. So this may be my last referral.
    What's the deal with dealers dropping Mitsu while sales have been rising?

I should start a new thread about this, but some Mitsu stores are sad places.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Pryme (05-24-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Cool thread. Except for the 2 times my backup screen was fuzz I love this little car and hope I can "sell" one too haha but the one dealership that sells Mitsubishi never has mirages in stock so you never see them here. I actually like that though. We have the only 2 in a fairly large area of 200+ thousand ppl.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    So I 'sold' another one. This time, to a coworker who was looking to replace an '03 Mazda Protege he was tired of fixing. I didn't go to the dealership with him, but he mostly bought the car on my recommendation. He bought an Infrared '17 ES CVT with fog lights. Here it is next to my (very dirty) '15...

Attachment 6186
    I used to deliver for pizza hut too. But I drove a 2000 ranger 4wd ext cab then so not mirage mileage!!