Thread: Where to mount gauges?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Where to mount gauges?

I am adding two 52mm gauges and not sure where to mount them.

I ordered a twin gauge pod and I couldn't find a place I could put it so I ordered a pillar pod and ran into different problems...

Pillar pod issues

Not as wide as oem pillar

Side curtain airbag, the pillar is designed to be pushed away but keep from being thrown, not sure how adding gauges would affect this action in an accident

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  86.2 KB

The twin pod

The dash mount is the best overal, not difficult to read and looks decent, I might have to cut a hole in the dash or find a way to tuck the wiring in behind the radio

Views: 383
Size:  89.7 KB

Passenger seatbelt/airbag indicator in the front headliner, it's simple to install here, no major cutting or damage but isn't in direct eye sight and blocks some of the rear view vision.

Views: 348
Size:  85.9 KB

2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I say scrap the pillar pod and roof idea. I'm thinking either on top of the dash (like you posted), or something like this....

Name:  autometer_evo_2gauge_pod2.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  32.4 KB

You can use universal mounting cups to achieve the look, since no one makes anything molded yet... Autometer for example...

Name:  autometer.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  5.0 KB

That way you can adjust them to your liking. Spread apart, close together etc... Just some ideas.
    Last edited by MemphiS; 07-17-2015 at 12:24 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MemphiS For This Useful Post:

Daox (07-17-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    I like the steering column idea much better. It keeps the gauges more visible. You don't have to be looking all over the cabin to see them.

Here is the vacuum gauge I use on my Metro along with the scangauge. Its all together so I don't have to look other places for info.

more info

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)