Thread: drive line vibration/noise

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

drive line vibration/noise

Hey guys i purchased my gf a new 2014 mirage with cvt, its since done 45k kilometers and keeps developing a driveline vibration.

Mitsubishi refuse to admit there is an issue and to me (mechanical fitter) it sounds / feels like a worn wheel bearing.

Last time they checked it they said it was wheel alignment and it went away for 5k kms but its back.

Do these things suffer with an inability to hold a proper wheel alignment or is there a further issue ?

I know something isnt right and because of warranty reasons im not allowed to repair it myself.

Anyone else have the same issue ?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    By vibration you mean noise right?

Sounds like you are describing how tires getting more and more chopped/cupped due to (like you said) the inability to hold alignment.Specifically in the rear axle.

The toe parameter on the rear axles are out of specs and is NOT adjustable. They probably cross rotated your tires that made the noise go away for a while until it re-developed the abnormal wear pattern on the tires.

There are several threads on this issue but here is the most popular one:http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...eel-Misaligned

By the way tire noise can sound very much like the growl of a bad wheel bearing.

You can run your hand/fingers along the surface of the rear tires in one direction,then the other and you can feel the difference if the tire is cupped. (smooth feeling one way and catches going the other way).

Sorry we've been trying to get a positive reaction out of Mitsubishi about this but not much luck sofar.
    Probably because not enough people complain about it.

Welcome to the forum!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 66.3 mpg (US) ... 28.2 km/L ... 3.5 L/100 km ... 79.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Get your rear alignment checked.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Yeah thanks guys, its definitely and alignment issue. Ive been over the whole car everything is in perfect condition, the alignment is way out though.

The noise is terrible and i can feel it in the floor when i drive (ive raced cars and bikes my whole life so i get paranoid when i feel odd vibs or noises)

Anyway ill start looking for a fix after reading the rear axle post