Thread: Glass fog lights

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Glass fog lights

Well I was washing my car yesterday and noticed my drivers side fog light was shattered. I think a rock must have took it out on the drive home from work. Why in the world would Mitsubishi use glass for the fogs? Does anyone know if I can get a replacement without having to go to the dealership?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,566 Times in 1,122 Posts
    My Mazda used glass lenses also. The optics are usually much better on the glass lenses than plastic. I've noticed that the fog lights on the Mirage are actually quite good with excellent short range coverage. Probably going to have to get a whole new unit. Usually those lenses are sealed onto the housings.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I got one from a salvage yard, have you checked ebay?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My passenger side is shattered. Found out, from the fog installs, that you have to take quite a few pieces off... That's the only reason why I have not replaced them yet. Looks like we need to buy a new set. Look for the fog light install thread.

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by f0k4l View Post
    Well I was washing my car yesterday and noticed my drivers side fog light was shattered. I think a rock must have took it out on the drive home from work. Why in the world would Mitsubishi use glass for the fogs? Does anyone know if I can get a replacement without having to go to the dealership?
    Glass doesn't melt from the higher watt fogs. Also as said, they provide better light patterns and optics. Never seen plastic fogs. Plastic headlights are bad enough with the sun fading they get.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mistah JT For This Useful Post:

TXmirageGUY (12-14-2017)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I don't drive the Mirage on country roads much ( I use my Tacoma for that) but I'm still thinking of these http://www.orangedove.net/fog-light-...-st-n5007.html because changing them out is something I'd like to avoid....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES Plus 1.2 automatic: 37.9 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Just buy the Ebay ones... I have had to replace front left ones on 2 mirages already.. the Ebay ones are 45 for the set and work perfectly even with the stock bulb.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to frankd14321 For This Useful Post:

TXmirageGUY (12-14-2017)