Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbie girl from Australia

Country
    Australia
    Thanks

Cool Newbie girl from Australia

Hi guys,

Just bought myself a brand new 2014 LS Black Mirage... :-) Its awesome.... Its got 110k's on the clock and I've had it two days...

I love the climate control, cruise control, Bluetooth and the car in general....

I'm in the process of adding the accessories... I've added chrome surrounds on all the lights and fog lamps, I've also added it to the grill.... I have the chrome strip across the boot (trunk).. Tomorrow we will finish adding the front mud guards, the back ones were put on yesterday... I have the bigger console to install...

Still to install are the weathershields, the headlight protectors, the console, chrome scuff plates and bonnet protector...

Once I wear the tyres out, I'll be importing some nice chrome wheels for it, no one does chrome better than the US, so that will be my first big change... :-) I also plan on updating the coilovers...

I have the 15 inch alloy wheels that came with it.... Could someone please advise me on the biggest size I can get on this car without rubbing??? I'd love 15x7's

Thanking you in advance...

Laceygirl....

Will add pics tomorrow.... Haven't been able to take it outside, I just put the chrome on, and its been raining, its winter here.... :-/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage LS 1.2 manual: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.2 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Welcome aboard! You should be able to squeeze some 16's on the Mirage. The biggest factor will be making sure the offset is not too positive.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome!

Phantasmagoria
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome! Laceygirl I've always wanted to visit Australia it looks beautiful!

Also I love the accent.

And the way you spell tires/tyres!

Welcome again.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 43.1 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site and congrats on the Mirage. We'd definitely like to see some pictures of the car. It sounds like you got to work on it right away.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Welcome to the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by laceygirl View Post
    2014 LS Black Mirage... :-) Its awesome.... Its got 110k's on the clock
    110k km! (= 68k miles). You might now have the most driven Mirage on the forum. (Thread: Mirage/Space Star with the highest miles/kilometers? How many on yours so far? )

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    x7 is the widest you can go without poking outside the guards, high offset is also needed. +40 or higher.
    Coilovers will look great. I have H&R springs in mine with front and rear strut brace, and rear sway.
    PM me if you have any questions

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mistah JT For This Useful Post:

laceygirl (09-09-2015)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Thank you everyone for the warm welcome..... I've used a forum like this on other subjects for my swimming pool, and I know how to post images there, but this is a little different, I'd love to post some pics of my Baby Girl as I had her outside in the sun today..

Could someone please tell me the way to post pics? Its probably been asked a million times, so I apologise if it has.....

Laceygirl....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage LS 1.2 manual: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.2 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Name:  IMG_2854.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  97.1 KB Hope this works

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Name:  IMG_2853.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  97.3 KB

Front view....