Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Used oil analysis

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    This Idemitsu oil is one of the lightest oils on the market. Pay particular attention to changes in SUS/cSt viscosity in successive reports as you extend your oil change interval. A jump in thickness would indicate oxidative thickening. I have found that such is the behavior of motor oils of this design. Watch flash point for fuel dilution issue. Get TAN as well as TBN. Use this oil in your circumstances with total confidence. Nice report, as I would expect from this hearty three banger. Step back people. Don't mess with the Mirage !!

Alex16 - is it possible to add a link to us in your BITOG post where you mention the analysis is from ThreePot in the Mirage community? So people can just jump right over if they're interested. If not, no biggie.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Here's a lighter oil used for the '15 Fit . It's 0w-8 . Anyone daring enough to give it a try in the Mirage for 5,000 miles . http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums..._N#Post3742266 . Thanks for the post at BITOG .

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by viscositosis tribocessive View Post
    This Idemitsu oil is one of the lightest oils on the market. Pay particular attention to changes in SUS/cSt viscosity in successive reports as you extend your oil change interval. A jump in thickness would indicate oxidative thickening. I have found that such is the behavior of motor oils of this design. Watch flash point for fuel dilution issue. Get TAN as well as TBN. Use this oil in your circumstances with total confidence. Nice report, as I would expect from this hearty three banger. Step back people. Don't mess with the Mirage !!
    Based on what I have found online this oil, at 100c, is the thinnest 0W-20 readily available for purchase in the US. I believe it is thinner than the Eneos Sustina 0W-20, and Toyota 0W-20 and perhaps is even bordering on a 0W-16?? Wondering what your thoughts are on this? At 100c are there any US available oils that are thinner?