Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclopathic View Post
    The rolling resistance of the tire comes from contact patch abrasion and from side wall deflection, and to the lesser degree from rubber compound. So the low profile tire would do worse as it would have more sidewall bending.

BTW new Prius comes with Enasaves and it managed 0.84 on skid pad, so they should be not that bad at all. Not sure why they don't work well on Mirage, perhaps excessive body roll puts them at odd angle? tire squirm due to narrow rims?
    That's a good question. I do not think that the tires are bad at all. I just think that the combination of skinny wheels and tires and springs made of marshmallow made people think it was the tires? In the winter I had zero issues with the Enasaves and I appreciate the lower rolling resistance in the winter when the gas mileage drops even more due to it being so cold outside and the winter grade gas. I have not priced them so I am not sure but I heard that they were pricey. That may be the only real negative that I can see.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Mileage Miser
    Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Just ordered the Eibachs off eBay for $225 CDN;

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/262044437950?...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Last set! I've currently got cheap Amazon front springs and stock rears, so the Eibachs will be a
    welcome upgrade from the sounds of it.

Still on the fence about the wheels... black looks good on a white Mirage, but I'm feeling a
    gunmetal grey or bronze would be slightly nicer. I'm stoked the 16x7 +40 worked out so well for
    you with zero rubbing or issues! I was hoping a slight difference in the stock offset would allow a
    greater selection of standard size wheels. Gotta keep window shopping I guess.
    Last edited by Littlestan; 03-30-2016 at 09:58 AM.

Mileage Miser
    Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarles2 View Post
    Here is the link to the wheels. http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...w=7&vid=029890

I have had 4 people in this car and it is perfect. No bottoming out anymore and no rubbing or weirdness at all. I will say that since the new wheels and tires that the gas mileage is down about 5 MPG all around. I personally do not care about the drop, but people should know just in case they want a certain look but retain the same gas mileage. I have been driving a bit more aggressively so that is a part of it, but even when I try to get good mileage it is about 5 MPG less than before.
    Wouldn't the 16" rims throw the MPG out of whack from the stock 14" rims? You may have less MPG loss than the computer reports.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlestan View Post

Last set! I've currently got cheap Amazon front springs and stock rears, so the Eibachs will be a
    welcome upgrade from the sounds of it.D
    If you're willing to try there's a $5 fix for Amazon/eBay rear springs. I just installed rears and I rather like them. Fix involves installing spacers in middle section (13' of vinyl 3/8” ID tubing). I will try to post pics later today.

EDIT: I posted pics in this thread: http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...3744#post43744
    Last edited by cyclopathic; 03-30-2016 at 02:12 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cyclopathic For This Useful Post:

Littlestan (03-31-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

welcome upgrade from the sounds of it.

Still on the fence about the wheels... black looks good on a white Mirage, but I'm feeling a
    gunmetal grey or bronze would be slightly nicer. I'm stoked the 16x7 +40 worked out so well for
    you with zero rubbing or issues! I was hoping a slight difference in the stock offset would allow a
    greater selection of standard size wheels. Gotta keep window shopping I guess.
    The Eibachs are worth every penny. I was looking for a set of white or bronze wheels at first but I could not find any that had a design that I liked. I figured that if I at least got the design I liked that I can always plasti-dip them at a later date to get a different color. Next summer I may change them to bronze. Plasti-dip is such a cool invention.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Mileage Miser
    Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarles2 View Post
    The Eibachs are worth every penny. I was looking for a set of white or bronze wheels at first but I could not find any that had a design that I liked. I figured that if I at least got the design I liked that I can always plasti-dip them at a later date to get a different color. Next summer I may change them to bronze. Plasti-dip is such a cool invention.
    Totally agree about the plasti-dip! Am really impressed with how it worked on the chrome emblems and lettering. The finish is nice too; slightly textured and grippy.

I'll have to source rims from somewhere here in Canada as the tariff on those
    are an extra $200 alone.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Totally agree about the plasti-dip! Am really impressed with how it worked on the chrome emblems and lettering. The finish is nice too; slightly textured and grippy.

are an extra $200 alone.
    Ouch!!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

are an extra $200 alone.
    Yeah forget that!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Does anyone know of a reliable source to get these Eibach springs? I have ordered 2 sets off Ebay only to find out that they didn't actually have them in stock.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    This is why I don't care for eBay. There you will find thousands of amateur sellers dabbling in retail with limited accountability as to how they advertise their products.

Sorry for the off-topic rant. I've been burned by eBay. Buyer beware.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Gnarles2 (06-08-2018)