Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs

Country
    Germany
    Thanks

Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs

Hello together,

I just got my Space Star back with the Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs yesterday. Comfort is quite good, no big difference to the standard springs. There is only a bigger difference when driving over deep pot holes or road humps, but the body is stiff enough that there are no additionally noises even on cobblestones. The front springs have a linear spring characteristic curve, the rear springs are progressive.

In my opinion, the Eibach springs work much better than the original springs. Comfort is really good compared to other cars (like Audi A1 or Toyota Yaris) but not excessive soft anymore. Body roll and pitch are reduced and therefore driving round corners is much more fun. The boot contents and the passengers don´t slide around at low speeds anymore because of the lateral inclination even at low speeds.

The car looks really good now, the distance between the tires and the fenders is now steady and the car looks more sporty, consistent with the tinted windows, the alloy wheels, the big rear spoiler and the front lights.

Until now I can really recommend the Eibach springs but I will write down more experiences in the next weeks, especially regarding fuel consumption and handling. I did not make any pictures of the whole car until now because it is very dirty and the springs maybe will lower in the next weeks, too.

Best regards,
    Florian

PS: It would be nice to add this thread to the "Suspension & brake aftermarket parts index" sticky thread.

Name:  Feder_Rechts.jpg
Views: 7662
Size:  97.0 KB
    Name:  Feder_Links.jpg
Views: 6077
Size:  97.3 KB

Last edited by 25Plus; 09-20-2015 at 09:16 AM.
    Mitsubishi Space Star 1.2:
    Daihatsu Cuore L251:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Space Star Klassik Kollektion+ 1.2 manual: 67.5 mpg (US) ... 28.7 km/L ... 3.5 L/100 km ... 81.0 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 25Plus For This Useful Post:

GrnBn (07-29-2015),laceygirl (09-22-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Pictures of the car would be greatly appreciated.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    I added your thread link to the suspension parts index. Thanks for the info and review!
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    I drove 4000 kilometers with the Eibach springs until now and I like them a lot. Handling is almost neutral with the springs. In a wet motorway access the car surprised me with light oversteering at 80 kph, but stability control caught the back of the car before it got really dangerous within a second (after about two or three seconds sliding more and more and waiting if the stability control will enable or not - I think other drivers were surprised, too - in this curve a lot of cars crashed before). This was the first time the stability control took corrective action although I drive very fast around corners and had a lot of understeering before changing the springs (in a Toyota Yaris stability control switched on in nearly all fast corners). I would say that the handling is neutral at any speeds (not unsave, you may know the saying) and Eibach did a really good job with the progressive rear springs. So I don´t need an anti-roll bar, too, to have a good and fun handling.

I made a lot of photos after washing and polishing the car on wednesday but yesterday I was 11 hours on the road to visit the IAA, therefore you get the photos only now. The difference before/after is not big on the photos, but you may consider the effect when standing right in front of the car.

The first picture shows the standard suspension, the other pictures show the car with the Eibach springs:

Name:  Standardfahrwerk.jpg
Views: 4932
Size:  98.4 KB
    Name:  Eibach_Vorne_Links.jpg
Views: 4999
Size:  99.8 KB
    Name:  Eibach_Vorne_Rechts.jpg
Views: 4843
Size:  97.7 KB
    Name:  Eibach_Hinten_Rechts.jpg
Views: 4842
Size:  98.7 KB
    Name:  Eibach_Hinten_Links.jpg
Views: 4808
Size:  96.5 KB
    Last edited by 25Plus; 09-20-2015 at 09:18 AM.
    Daihatsu Cuore L251:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Space Star Klassik Kollektion+ 1.2 manual: 67.5 mpg (US) ... 28.7 km/L ... 3.5 L/100 km ... 81.0 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 25Plus For This Useful Post:

88coltturbo (07-23-2022),laceygirl (09-22-2015),MetroMPG (09-18-2015)

Thanks for the update.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Looks great!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 25Plus View Post
    Hello together,

I just got my Space Star back with the Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs yesterday. Comfort is quite good, no big difference to the standard springs. There is only a bigger difference when driving over deep pot holes or road humps, but the body is stiff enough that there are no additionally noises even on cobblestones. The front springs have a linear spring characteristic curve, the rear springs are progressive.]
    What is the part number for kit?

US Eibach site does not list springs for Mirage

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 25Plus View Post
    I drove 4000 kilometers with the Eibach springs until now and I like them a lot. Handling is almost neutral with the springs. In a wet motorway access the car surprised me with light oversteering at 80 kph, but stability control caught the back of the car before it got really dangerous within a second (after about two or three seconds sliding more and more and waiting if the stability control will enable or not - I think other drivers were surprised, too - in this curve a lot of cars crashed before). This was the first time the stability control took corrective action although I drive very fast around corners and had a lot of understeering before changing the springs (in a Toyota Yaris stability control switched on in nearly all fast corners). I would say that the handling is neutral at any speeds (not unsave, you may know the saying) and Eibach did a really good job with the progressive rear springs. So I don´t need an anti-roll bar, too, to have a good and fun handling.

I made a lot of photos after washing and polishing the car on wednesday but yesterday I was 11 hours on the road to visit the IAA, therefore you get the photos only now. The difference before/after is not big on the photos, but you may consider the effect when standing right in front of the car.

The first picture shows the standard suspension, the other pictures show the car with the Eibach springs:

Name:  Standardfahrwerk.jpg
Views: 4932
Size:  98.4 KB
    Name:  Eibach_Vorne_Links.jpg
Views: 4999
Size:  99.8 KB
    Name:  Eibach_Vorne_Rechts.jpg
Views: 4843
Size:  97.7 KB
    Name:  Eibach_Hinten_Rechts.jpg
Views: 4842
Size:  98.7 KB
    Name:  Eibach_Hinten_Links.jpg
Views: 4808
Size:  96.5 KB
    Thank you for the update and photos. The new ride height is perfect. I am going to have to order a set of these springs.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Part number for this kit is E10-60-017-01-22 (F11-60-017-01-VA front spring, F11-60-017-01-HA rear spring).
    Daihatsu Cuore L251:

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 25Plus For This Useful Post:

cyclopathic (09-23-2015),inuvik (09-23-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    What part of Germany are you in? I'll be landing in Dresden and spending a week at my GF's in Zwickau. Would love to see, sit on, and maybe even drive/ride your car.