Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TTAC: Do You Care About Mitsubishi?

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Mitsu was bringing great cars into the USA when Hyundai and Kia were jokes. How about a TSI Conquest.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_Starion

http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article.html?&A=111287

regards
    mech

Last edited by deleted user; 08-01-2015 at 04:29 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage de 1.2 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Your so wright!!!! Love that car!!!
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Canoehead View Post
    Since this thread is already meandering . . . here is my 2 cents.

I really like the Mirage. I have never regretted buying mine, and other than soft paint, I have found no flaws or issues. My "perfect" car would be a Mirage wagon, with just a slightly longer cargo area, a 6 speed manual with a slightly higher top gear, and slightly stiffer/firmer suspension. Those are all minor points, though, and there is no car for sale in Canada that is better for me.
    That would be perfect. I was actually just thinking how this car would be great as a wagon. I had one of these in 2002 and it was a good little car and the fact that it was a wagon made it one of the most convenient small cars I ever had. Would be perfect for the dog if I had it now. This car looks a lot like our cars actually!
    Name:  2002_kia_rio_cinco_100004876_m.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  27.6 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mitsubishi is not afraid to do something a little different; something that a lot of car companies have completely lost.
    For example, a four door conservatively styled sedan with a 1.8 liter four cylinder, softer suspension, vague steering, that's priced from around $18k. Is it a Chevy? A Honda, Toyota, or Nissan? Only the badge on the car could tell you. It would be sad for Mitsubishi to pull out of the American market.

How many small SUVs out there still offer a manual transmission? The Mitsubishi Outlander Sport and the Mazda Cx5. Which compact sedan offers 4wd? Mitsubishi Lancer
    How can Mitsubishi get away with selling an affordable car with almost hybrid levels of fuel economy without charging a penalty for the eco factor? Ford cannot even do it. Last but not least, how can a $17k Lancer have non-intrusive trunk hinges, but a $33k+ BMW 3-Series has to have goose-neck hinges that crush your cargo?
    Last edited by Chickenlittle; 08-04-2015 at 02:44 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chickenlittle For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (08-12-2015),debburyl (08-04-2015)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Sadly mitsu's death will be from dealers driving customers away.

I LOVE my mirage to death but after the issues ive had i wont buy another. I have zero trust in them. Both dealers seem money hungry and would rather make a quick buck the sleazy way.

Sadly these places dont realize that even if i turn ONE person from buying a mitsu they just lost THOUSANDS.

Never understood that.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I buy a Mitsubishi because I love them! I don't base it on the salesman. If I dont like him I find another Mitsubishi dealer like I did on Sunday ! I had the Best salesman in the state of Washington !!! I will send anyone over to see him! So report a bad salesman.and there's Dealers like that Everyware!!! Not just with Mitsubishi ! In fact go on thier web site and report that Dealer
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Good idea... ill check to see if they have that function in canada.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You just go to thier web site, and they have a place to contact them. I did its - Mitsubishicars.com-
    Last edited by debburyl; 08-12-2015 at 01:15 PM.
    hello from bluejellybean

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I agree with the above comments and I'm a very satisfied first time Mitsubishi owner. I sometimes wonder if the huge "Mitsubishi Group" or Mitsubishi Heavy Industries looks at their automobile section as a small pet just to play or neglect at times.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Lets just say mitsu canada doesnt care. They sided with the dealership on the issue. Wouldnt even try to get me a refund of the $160 for the alignment CHECK....

Again the car is PERFECT (except axle). Wishing the company themselves was better..