Thread: Dealership Repairs

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Dealership Repairs

Now that I am having the issue with my dealership I thought I would post my problems/vent a little.

I installed a oil pressure and oil temperature gauge in my Mirage about two weeks, ago. The sandwich adapter isn't grounding so the gauges are not functioning correctly but it is wired up.

My airbag light came on about a month and 1/2 ago and I've been putting off going to the dealership, I finally made a appointment and left my mirage with Massano mitsubishi yesterday with a POS loaner outlander sport (not my cup of tea and was not happy they didn't at least have a lancer for a loaner). I get called today for them to tell me there is 5 airbag light trouble codes and after market wiring is causing it. They told me they can't do anything under warranty until all the aftermarket equipment is removed. So now I am going to get my Mirage tomorrow after filling the tank of this 22mpg avg suv ($25 @2.54 to fill it from 1/4) when I received it with 1/2.

Then I have to remove all the after market parts so that they will possibly warranty my air bag light (that was on before anything was touched)

Thanks Massano, I thought you had my back, first lying to me you did an alignment, now this. I'm sure their tech just isn't competent enough to handle a few airbag codes.

2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    With warranty work, people go down to the T.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That was expected. In my experience, many dealers will cling to any user addition/modification to reject warranty claims.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Alex! If one of those codes are for either one of the front end sensors,that's a known issue and the sensor in question has to be replaced. Incase you didn't know.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 66.3 mpg (US) ... 28.2 km/L ... 3.5 L/100 km ... 79.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah I hope they take care of me, I'm going to get my mirage tomorrow and remove everything and schedule to take it back. If I couldn't do anything without voiding warranty I should have bought that red Es for 8500
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Got my mirage back. So thankful to be out of that 15 outlander sport, it was awful, cvt no fast key no automatic climate control and 22 mpg avg. not sure when I can take my mirage back "unmodified"

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    To be fair, Mitsubishi is offering a warranty on what they sold, not what you built. It probably isn't the dealership's fault. They have to have all warranty work approved by Mitsubishi, so advising you to take all the aftermarket stuff out BEFORE they submit the warranty work authorization was probably done for your benefit.

They want Mitsubishi to approve your claim so you don't have to pay for the work.

Gotta be careful modding new cars, guys. REALLY careful.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

deleted user (08-01-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah careful as in don't do it, that's pretty much what my dealer told me. He said the sway bar voids warranty for rear alignment issues, the springs void all suspension components. Pretty much if your going to modify a Mirage buy a used one, don't buy a new one. Maybe my dealership is a jerk, who knows, its also the tech and the service writer that you have to deal with before mitsubishi warranty claim, when I worked around dealers the techs would look for anything to find a way out of warranty work because it pays half the time of a regular repair.