Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bigger Battery and Alternator

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Although our stock speakers and HU isn't too bad, we're still missing a few low notes; especially in the pop/hiphop/rap music.
    For me OEM speakers are too muddy and distortion puts additional pressure on ears.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cyclopathic For This Useful Post:

TXmirageGUY (10-25-2018)

Car Guru
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Mech,

We appreciate the PSA, but if one is looking for information about subs, this is the right place to go. Some just prefer to hear all the sounds from the music that plays.

Although our stock speakers and HU isn't too bad, we're still missing a few low notes; especially in the pop/hiphop/rap music.

You might be surprised at how many low notes are in easy listening music!! Enya for example is a good one. On the CD Watermark, there are several songs with notes down to 30 hz. On one track, there is a 18 hz note!!

Basically, just about every kind of music from the 90's on has some kind of deep bass. Once consumer grade audio gear started to become common place and people could actually tell a good recording from a bad recording, studios and artists have been taking advantage of the extended range that most vehicles and home audio components can produce. In fact, majority of the test music that I bring to test out speakers before buying them is not mainstream music, but can test the overall range of speakers as good if not better than your typical pop/hip hop/rap music can.
    Certified holder of useless car knowledge.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Lowest note on 4-string bass is 41Hz

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclopathic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 91cavgt View Post
    It won't fit.

As I understand, I am the only one who has mounted a sub in a custom built box under the passenger seat. In order to get just 0.25 cubic foot, I had to build it with multiple angles that a pre-fab box just won't have. It was not easy but it sure was worth it!!
    I will make a cardboard box and try fitment, stay posted. Pioneer TS-WH500A sub is 13.4 x 2.4 x 9.8 inches, and it is low power/high efficiency design, so it does not need heavy duty electric, just 15A.
    O'k had tried fitment with box, and 13.5" fits btw rails. Should be enough space to mount it under the seat.

Just beware that this one does not generate much above 100, so you need to run Xover at 70-80Hz if you don't want a drop in mid-lows. Should work well with 50-60Hz X since our Pioneer speakers are rated down to 34Hz