Thread: Fit alignment issues severe. Honda acts in a despicable fashion.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Fit alignment issues severe. Honda acts in a despicable fashion.

Some people think the rear wheels may be off on 2/3 of all Fits. Same issues as Mirages with welded on axle stubs. Mexican assembly is suspected in some cases. Honda is being really slimy in this matter. Instead of fixing the problem, they sent a technician around and recalibrated the alignment testers nationwide so the faulty vehicles are now acceptable.

http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-g...d-gen-fit.html

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ESpecially frugal hatch 1.2 manual: 49.3 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    Some people think the rear wheels may be off on 2/3 of all Fits. Same issues as Mirages with welded on axle stubs. Mexican assembly is suspected in some cases. Honda is being really slimy in this matter. Instead of fixing the problem, they sent a technician around and recalibrated the alignment testers nationwide so the faulty vehicles are now acceptable.

A bit more information. Cheap manufacturing is costing us too much.

http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-g...nt-issues.html

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ESpecially frugal hatch 1.2 manual: 49.3 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post

Yikes! Hey just change the calibration so it all comes out good. No longer a problem!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Problem with that is it does not stop the tires from being eaten up, but their solution to that is rotate and balance every oil change.
    What BS, just get the axles right, it doesn't take much. Mine are good now with no alteration to the part if it ever gets replaced on warranty.

regards
    mech

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage de 1.2 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by old mechanic View Post
    Problem with that is it does not stop the tires from being eaten up, but their solution to that is rotate and balance every oil change.
    What BS, just get the axles right, it doesn't take much. Mine are good now with no alteration to the part if it ever gets replaced on warranty.

regards
    mech

Sarcasm was intended on my post

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)