Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fuelly MPG Comparison: Mirage vs. Spark vs. Fit vs. Yaris

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Noticed that also.
    I also notice that the first year or two of a particular model drivers seem to record higher milage than the ones that are newer. It must be either the older ones have been broken in or hyper-miler types are early adapters. Has anyone else who's noticed that care to posit why that might be? WRT milage after break in, mine in the Mirage has not gone up, though I'm probably driving it with a little less regard to maximizing fuel economy.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranny View Post
    WRT milage after break in, mine in the Mirage has not gone up, though I'm probably driving it with a little less regard to maximizing fuel economy.
    Now, I don't know your driving style, but I suggest you try driving techniques that maximize fuel economy for at least one tank. The Mirage will definitely reward your efforts here!

To help with this, consider getting some means to monitor your instant fuel economy from your OBDII port. Many here use something like ScanGauge, but I got a bluetooth adapter and use an app on my smart phone to get more info, including logging. Though cheap ELM327 OBDII adapters are available, I paid for better quality with faster response and more features, and it cost one third what the ScanGauge goes for. Knowing instant fuel economy can give helpful feedback to train your driving style to reduce fuel consumption.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 48.9 mpg (US) ... 20.8 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 58.7 mpg (Imp)