Country
    United States
    Thanks

Largus or Tein?

LARGUS?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321731098088...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Tein and others!!

http://www.importimageracing.com/sus...rage/2015.html

What should I go with, I have had it with the weak suspension!

Thanks for the help in advance!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks for the link! I think I may have to upgrade to these soon as well.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    I'm going with GAB SS or Pedders...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage LS 1.2 manual: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.2 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ednevell View Post
    LARGUS?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321731098088...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Tein and others!!

http://www.importimageracing.com/sus...rage/2015.html

What should I go with, I have had it with the weak suspension!

Thanks for the help in advance!
    Note on that second link there's no TEIN, just BC Racing coilovers. The TEIN stuff at the bottom of the page is EDFC controllers for their line of in-cabin adjustable shocks.

The TEIN part # for the '14+ Mirage is GSE46-11AS2. I know Motovicity distributes them, which means most shops in the US can get them.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SPEvo112 For This Useful Post:

ahintofpepperjack (09-09-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Has anybody actually gotten the Largus coilovers yet? I remember seeing someone post about them quite awhile ago but haven't seen or heard of anyone getting them.. I'm running the Tein springs right now and wanna go to coilovers but I'm hesitant about the Tein coilovers cuz people say they are pretty soft which is opposite of what I'm looking for..

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bkessinger1109 View Post
    Has anybody actually gotten the Largus coilovers yet? I remember seeing someone post about them quite awhile ago but haven't seen or heard of anyone getting them.. I'm running the Tein springs right now and wanna go to coilovers but I'm hesitant about the Tein coilovers cuz people say they are pretty soft which is opposite of what I'm looking for..
    I don't think anyone in US has Largus, but may be in Malaysia, Philippines or Australia.

From what I recall looking at specs TEIN coilover springs a marginally firmer than the springs they sell separately, but barely so.
    http://www.tein.co.jp/srch/pricelist...&skg=E46&gno=2

Largus is monotube and TEIN twin tube; monotubes generally better. Damping is adjustable on Street Basis is not.

Street basis are definitely the cheapest coilovers you can get in US, they run <700$

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Largus-Full-...aaf5e8&vxp=mtr

EDIT: just found data

Largus F:4k R:2.5k and TEIN is F:3k R:2.1k

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cyclopathic For This Useful Post:

Eggman (09-19-2015),laceygirl (09-19-2015),Thestunch (03-19-2016)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    I really like the largus ones... They look good, and the data seems better.....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage LS 1.2 manual: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.2 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks, that helped a lot to make a decision. I'm hoping it'll help out for my autox times and spirited mountain roads
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclopathic View Post
    I don't think anyone in US has Largus, but may be in Malaysia, Philippines or Australia.

From what I recall looking at specs TEIN coilover springs a marginally firmer than the springs they sell separately, but barely so.
    http://www.tein.co.jp/srch/pricelist...&skg=E46&gno=2

Largus is monotube and TEIN twin tube; monotubes generally better. Damping is adjustable on Street Basis is not.

Street basis are definitely the cheapest coilovers you can get in US, they run <700$

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Largus-Full-...aaf5e8&vxp=mtr

EDIT: just found data

Largus F:4k R:2.5k and TEIN is F:3k R:2.1k

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bkessinger1109 View Post
    Thanks, that helped a lot to make a decision. I'm hoping it'll help out for my autox times and spirited mountain roads
    Yeah there are some really nice roads in CA, UT, AZ and CO, and you are right in the middle of it. We have TEINs on order; I need to call and pest the place we ordered it from. If they still don't have it (it has been 5 weeks) I will be very tempted to cancel order and order Largus.

$200 aside there are only 2 thins to question: TEIN has a good reliability reputation, and Largus is unknown. 2nd I am afraid that 4k fronts will be too stiff in relation to rears and will make car understeer. You can probably dial some of that out with damping, get UR sway bar of install camber kit.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclopathic View Post
    Yeah there are some really nice roads in CA, UT, AZ and CO, and you are right in the middle of it. We have TEINs on order; I need to call and pest the place we ordered it from. If they still don't have it (it has been 5 weeks) I will be very tempted to cancel order and order Largus.

$200 aside there are only 2 thins to question: TEIN has a good reliability reputation, and Largus is unknown. 2nd I am afraid that 4k fronts will be too stiff in relation to rears and will make car understeer. You can probably dial some of that out with damping, get UR sway bar of install camber kit.
    It took almost 5 months for the TEIN springs to get to me from the place I ordered them, I wasn't too happy about that, but when I installed them and how much it improved the handling I didn't care too much. Now tho, I want to have the height adjustability and the adjustable dampers as well. I think it will make the suspension feel more complete. I'm hoping with coilovers the front camber will be adjustable cuz that will definitely help out with eliminating some understeer.