Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Mirage news

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Personally, I think we can all forget about an AWD turbo Mirage. Mitsubishi had a hard enough time trying to sell the other AWD turbo car they used to sell here...so much so that they don't sell it here anymore.

Turbo motor is a long shot as well. Costs quite a bit of money to get a new motor past the EPA, and though this car is selling better than expected I don't think it would be a smart business move if sales of that motor are going to be in the tens or hundreds per month.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Gonna have to agree with CobraJet there. A turbo would be cool, but why do it when its selling above expectations already? Keep them rolling out!
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I agree with your post. Just fix the problems of this model. And I'm sure sales will continue to Climb instead of jumping to another one.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

U.S. Mitsu dealership blog post... doesn't say anything new, but the wording is interesting.

Changes in 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage

While the current model is one of Mitsubishi’s best-selling products, that doesn’t mean it was everyone’s favorite vehicle. In fact, the Mirage got quite a bit of criticism, but Mitsubishi is hoping to turn those frowns upside-down for the 2017 model year. The brand-new Mirage should have an updated powertrain and chassis, giving drivers a fresh new feel. Mitsubishi has yet to announce further details on the product, but if it’s going to get back in the game, the changes will have to be significant.
    http://www.hickorymitsubishi.com/blo...irage-release/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

debburyl (09-18-2015),laceygirl (09-18-2015)

Mitsubishi Technician live4redline's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by axeldsm1 View Post
    Name:  attachment.jpg
Views: 5554
Size:  15.7 KB
    The picture "axeldsm1" posted of the red mirage was a fake concept image, yes?

Even if it is, I really kinda dig the front end on that. Just so long as the rear can keep up the pace, and that wing defiantly helps in that area. A new sporty look even if the car is slow, would just help sell more of them. Image is everything to your average consumer!

They also only need to a release a turbo model option, even if it comes with a slightly increased price tag. Mitsubishi sells countless base Lancers just because they have an Evolution model. A Mirage Evolution would also be nice but honestly I would just be fine with a simple fwd eco friendly turbo motor option that could compete or at least some what get close to comparing with the 1.0L Turbo Fiesta. Just something to spoof or rattle the conception that the entire +2014 Mirage line up is slow and under powered.

I mean I put in my application to just buy a 2015 Mirage R5 but so far I haven't heard anything back. So until then I keep hoping that Mitsubishi will release some sort of turbo sport model mirage, lol.
    Daily: 2017 Mirage G4 SE - Not Boosted Yet!

Current Project: Working on legitimate Mirage Tuning

7. The Following User Says Thank You to live4redline For This Useful Post:

cyclopathic (09-19-2015)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

laceygirl (09-18-2015)

Mitsubishi Technician live4redline's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    ^ Thanks.

Ya its just wait and see then I guess. Been sick for over a year and a half now and finally got things back in order so I could buy myself a Mirage and they do this too me. I couldn't live with my self if I bought a 2015 now and then they released a nicer 2017 several months later. Specially with talk of "possible" drive train changes. Urg!
    Daily: 2017 Mirage G4 SE - Not Boosted Yet!

Current Project: Working on legitimate Mirage Tuning

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by live4redline View Post
    Ya its just wait and see then I guess. Been sick for over a year and a half now and finally got things back in order so I could buy myself a Mirage and they do this too me. I couldn't live with my self if I bought a 2015 now and then they released a nicer 2017 several months later. Specially with talk of "possible" drive train changes. Urg!
    Get and stay healthy it is no joke!

Quote Originally Posted by live4redline View Post
    They also only need to a release a turbo model option, even if it comes with a slightly increased price tag. Mitsubishi sells countless base Lancers just because they have an Evolution model. A Mirage Evolution would also be nice but honestly I would just be fine with a simple fwd eco friendly turbo motor option that could compete or at least some what get close to comparing with the 1.0L Turbo Fiesta. Just something to spoof or rattle the conception that the entire +2014 Mirage line up is slow and under powered.
    As much as I'd like to get something like that rally car in video, the cheapest way for Mitsubishi to get faster version would be to fit 4A92 engine, already sold in many countries. It shares roughly 75% of the parts with 3A92 (or 100% if you look from other end ), and rated at 117PS. Even with 74HP 3cyl this car isn't that slow, and 50% power bump will make it lovely. You don't need much if you weight less then 2000lbs!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cyclopathic For This Useful Post:

inuvik (09-20-2015),laceygirl (09-20-2015)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    How about good iihs small overlap test results? and base model backup camera.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mightymirage For This Useful Post:

Eggman (09-20-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclopathic View Post
    Get and stay healthy it is no joke!

As much as I'd like to get something like that rally car in video, the cheapest way for Mitsubishi to get faster version would be to fit 4A92 engine, already sold in many countries. It shares roughly 75% of the parts with 3A92 (or 100% if you look from other end ), and rated at 117PS. Even with 74HP 3cyl this car isn't that slow, and 50% power bump will make it lovely. You don't need much if you weight less then 2000lbs!
    I agree 4A92 would be the way to go, don't have to make any powertrain changes because it has the same transmission bolt pattern although a manual 6 speed would be nice.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)