Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Mirage news

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mightymirage View Post
    How about good iihs small overlap test results? and base model backup camera.
    I think it is the area they will fix with update.

Toyota just fixed Prius and Prius C produced starting May on, by bolting on a piece of metal on driver side design to engage main structure during small overlap crash. The beef many Prius owners had that only driver side got fixed. IMHO it is perfectly fine as we drive on right side of the road, and 90% of the time there is only one person inside.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mightymirage View Post
    How about good iihs small overlap test results? and base model backup camera.
    I agree with this. The small overlap was the only markdown on the safety ratings. While the backup camera would be nice, I think the car is small enough to do without one, especially with a bit larger glass in back.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I agree with this. The small overlap was the only markdown on the safety ratings. While the backup camera would be nice, I think the car is small enough to do without one, especially with a bit larger glass in back.
    I don't think it will come with backup camera until 2018 U.S. require new cars to have backup cameras. It can without one but nice to have some people won't run over cat or dog....IMHO in 2018 most new car will come with Android Auto or Car play also but not Toyota

If Mitsubishi can make the Mirage steering wheel better will be great tooo.

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    I love my reverse camera.... I'm blind in my left eye due to a damaged optic nerve from German Measels, when I was 3, and our drivers side is on the right side of the car, so having the camera means I don't have to break my neck to turn around to see what's behind me....

I just wanted a fully loaded car, so that's the other reason I installed it, we also have a few small children in the complex where I live so reversing over one of them is an ultimate fear of mine..... The weather is getting warmer and more people are outside, so its an excellent safety feature....

As for the steering wheel? I love it, its intelligent.... I put in an aftermarket SatNav and my steering wheel can still talk to it... Mind you I did buy a Mirage Specific Aftermarket Sat/Nav but that is a really nice feature....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage LS 1.2 manual: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.2 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by laceygirl View Post
    I love my reverse camera.... I'm blind in my left eye due to a damaged optic nerve from German Measels, when I was 3, and our drivers side is on the right side of the car, so having the camera means I don't have to break my neck to turn around to see what's behind me....

I just wanted a fully loaded car, so that's the other reason I installed it, we also have a few small children in the complex where I live so reversing over one of them is an ultimate fear of mine..... The weather is getting warmer and more people are outside, so its an excellent safety feature...
    When I drove Prius I really hated the reverse beep it came equipped with. Now I kinda miss it. I've been considering adding one, something like this:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001JR64UI/ (this is probably not the right model)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Mine doesn't have a reverse noise thankfully.... No beeping, but I'm willing to rip the seat belt sensor out of the seat some days... That annoys me to no end...... I give the car a few revs before I reverse to warn people....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage LS 1.2 manual: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.2 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You can always honk before you back out, but, a reverse camera is the best feature for complete backing-up safety. That the '17 Mitsubishi Mirage will come with an upgraded suspension sounds good, the bigger wheel size is also confirmed, too?

Don't know what you guys are talking about regarding punk current Mirage steering wheel, either, but you guys would know, I've just sat in the current Mirage and not driven one yet. I'd say the largest, most powerful motor Mitsu can install and still meet Thailand guidelines ta get the tax break would be optimum, too. I like the new look of the '17 Mirage in that metallic purple or the Racing Red, preferably like I had on my '08 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS. In my opinion they've improved the Mirage look about 40% over the '14 and '15 Mirage look. If they hold the price to around $14,295 it would keep my interest longer.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Here is my take.
    If they can produce one with sporty 15" wheels and lower profile 60 series tires, sportier suspension and bigger sway bars, 4 wheel disc, MUCH better steering, and an intercooled turbo with at least a 40% power boost.. that would ROCK.

The changes should be only the ones that necessitate change to keep costs LOW. Seat fabric, a Turbo Specific steering wheel, just make it something fun, affordable, and sporty. Only offered in a 2 door hatch. A dual free flow exhaust, and beef up the motor tolerances.

Keep it starting with no more features than a common DE under 15 grand after discounts, stickering no more than 16-17 grand.

Just offer a Sunroof. Then it would be PERFECT.

Kind of like a modern day example of the Turbo Chevrolet Sprint I had from 1993-2010. That car was a BLAST. Simple, too.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djkenny View Post
    Here is my take.
    If they can produce one with sporty 15" wheels and lower profile 60 series tires, sportier suspension and bigger sway bars, 4 wheel disc, MUCH better steering, and an intercooled turbo with at least a 40% power boost.. that would ROCK.

The changes should be only the ones that necessitate change to keep costs LOW. Seat fabric, a Turbo Specific steering wheel, just make it something fun, affordable, and sporty. Only offered in a 2 door hatch. A dual free flow exhaust, and beef up the motor tolerances.

Keep it starting with no more features than a common DE under 15 grand after discounts, stickering no more than 16-17 grand.

Just offer a Sunroof. Then it would be PERFECT.

Kind of like a modern day example of the Turbo Chevrolet Sprint I had from 1993-2010. That car was a BLAST. Simple, too.

Welcome to the forum! I hate to rain on your wish list but Mitsubishi is unlikely to ever produce Mirage's with any of those wishes. The money is all in crossovers and until that changes the Mirage will stay a budget minimalist world car designed for 3rd & 2nd world markets primarily. That doesn't mean it's terrible (we love ours), it's a niche market vehicle that Mitsubishi wasn't even sure would sell in North America.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Welcome to the forum! I hate to rain on your wish list but Mitsubishi is unlikely to ever produce Mirage's with any of those wishes. The money is all in crossovers and until that changes the Mirage will stay a budget minimalist world car designed for 3rd & 2nd world markets primarily. That doesn't mean it's terrible (we love ours), it's a niche market vehicle that Mitsubishi wasn't even sure would sell in North America.
    A man can Dream though, Right? I am in the process of selling my car that I have had since 2000 for a Mirage. I often miss my little 3 cyl Turbo and would love a modern interpretation.