Thread: Hi from Europe, Netherlands

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks

Hi from Europe, Netherlands

Hi all!

I bought a Majestic Red Mitsubishi Space Star (that is how the Mirage is called in continental Europe) 1.2L CVT Intense (almost the most luxurious one) with a lot (EUR 2000) of nice but useless options like blue floodlights inside and load protection on the rear bumper, chrome around the foglights, Mitsubishi plates in the door openings, etc, etc. ! Just finished 4500km so I have made first impressions and fuel economy figures. Before this I drove a Japanese Kei car, the Daihatsu Cuore Premium 3cyl 1.0 manual, which used even less fuel than the Mitsubishi. However Daihatsu withdrew from the EU market, so here I am in Mitsubishi land! Before that I drove Saab 99GL, Saab 900 GLs, Citroën BX 19TRS Aut. Citroën Xantia 2.0 Exclusive Aut. and Daewoo Espero 2.0CD Aut. I never owned more than one car at a time, haha, I am getting old.

As I am divorced, I must pay alimony for 12 years, 10y to go. So the Mitsubishi must stay alive a long, long time. It is therefore very useful to stay tuned on information, which I hope to find here. And maybe some virtual friendships to go along? Who knows

I used to be a normal driver, even sporty at times. But now that I am more mature, I have fun in getting maximum mileage out of a litre of fuel. I learned the trade in the Daihatsu, and now I am learning new things dealing with a CVT. I love it.

I hope this is a nice virtual place to hang around some time and find useful/funny information on.
    Cheers!

Hi, RodeRoNL!

Quote Originally Posted by RodeRoNL View Post
    Before this I drove a Japanese Kei car, the Daihatsu Cuore Premium 3cyl 1.0 manual, which used even less fuel than the Mitsubishi.
    Cool! Like this? What year was it?

Name:  m1dyvo0b24gs_600.jpg
Views: 557
Size:  44.1 KB

New Kei vehicles aren't sold in Canada, but we are allowed to import anything from Japan after 15 years. So there are a number of businesses that ship them over and re-sell them, but mostly the more dramatic ones. I have been tempted, but servicing and parts would be a challenge ... same reason you gave up on your Daihatsu, I imagine.

I have fun in getting maximum mileage out of a litre of fuel. I learned the trade in the Daihatsu, and now I am learning new things dealing with a CVT. I love it.
    I'm the same. Getting excellent fuel economy is just a different kind of "performance driving"... although one that you can do all the time and be much, much less likely to get in trouble with the law.

I hope you'll consider adding your Space Star to the garage (add car) and keep your fuel log here.

Welcome to the forum!

Darin

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Yes, that was my Daihatsu! Same color, same specs, comletely! I consider economic driving also a form of performance driving. I will put pictures of my car in the garage as soon as the chrome finish around the foglights have been fitted. Here in NL the dealer fits a lot of optional extra's. The chrome things had not arrived, but nevertheless he delivered the car. They will be fitted Friday this week. I will also bring down the average fuel consumption here. Most of you have a lot to learn about driving economically! Haha. And bear in mind that I live in an area of Europe that is most densely populated (with people and cars, traffic lights and pile ups) in the world. So I am on a disadvantage here.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Oh btw the Daihatsu was from 2009.

Only 5 years old -- why did you decide to replace the Daihatsu? Service/parts availability?

How many km in 5 years?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site RodeRoNL. Congratulations on the new Mirage. Its great to hear you're enjoying it.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Cool Welcome from Bluejellybean :):)

Quote Originally Posted by RodeRoNL View Post
    Yes, that was my Daihatsu! Same color, same specs, comletely! I consider economic driving also a form of performance driving. I will put pictures of my car in the garage as soon as the chrome finish around the foglights have been fitted. Here in NL the dealer fits a lot of optional extra's. The chrome things had not arrived, but nevertheless he delivered the car. They will be fitted Friday this week. I will also bring down the average fuel consumption here. Most of you have a lot to learn about driving economically! Haha. And bear in omind that I live in an area of Europe that is most densely populated (with people and cars, traffic lights and pile ups) in the world. So I am on a disadvantage here.
    welcome! !!! RodeRo glad to have you in the Mirage land! that's what's nice about being on this forum we all learn from each other. And help the public to buy a gas saver Mirage glad you got the nicest mirage. I had to get what's called in the USA the DE model with the cvt trans.I'm slowly putting all the extras on it. So far I have the mud flaps the chrome for the grill the window rain guard. And the door scuff guards.that way my DE will be real nice.I saw on here that had All the extras and it was Real Sharp!! Keep us posted and welcome
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sorry for the Misspelled words.I saw a blue sapphire mirage with All the extras and it was Real Sharp!!Name:  IMAG0100.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  95.5 KBhere's mine

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    welcome RodeRo

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage CVT 1.2 automatic: 39.5 mpg (US) ... 16.8 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 47.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Only 5 years old -- why did you decide to replace the Daihatsu? Service/parts availability?

How many km in 5 years?
    75.000km. My father died and I had a small amount of money. The Daihatsu, although a perfect car was a compromise between tax advantages for very economical cars at the time and my own wishes. I prefer an automatic gearbox, but then I would not have had the tax advantages back then. So, I decided to spend half of my late fathers money on a Mitsubishi Mirage as the car I liked, without compromise, as my own. I got the Daihatsu as a gift from my former mother in law. After the divorce, it just had a bit too many memories attached to it as well.

As I do not have much money to spend to drive the Mitsubishi because of the alimony I have to pay, the car needs to be economical and long lasting. I think I can pull through my alimony period of 10 years to go now. The Daihatsu would have gotten very old doing that. Apart from that, my former Daihatsu dealer (now Honda and Mitsubishi) sent me a letter asking me to sell the Daihatsu as he saw a market for second hand Cuores and offered me a good price. Furthermore, the Space Star would be a bit cheaper too!

So, those are the reasons I sold the Daihatsu. It was a good car, with a wrong history. The only weak points it had were the brake disks (needed 3 sets in 75000 because of vibrations) and the leaking airco that could not be found leaking....