Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My new outlander

Country
    United States
    Thanks

My new outlander

When I first joined this site 2 years ago I was driving a Montero Sport with well over 200K miles on it. Then I bought an Eclipse. It was a nice car. Never gave me issues. It just couldn't do what I wanted it to do. As many of you know I work for a GM dealer selling cars. Well I am the biggest Mitsu fan ever made. We took in a beautiful 2014 Outlander. Being that my boss doesn't allow me to buy new Mitsubishi's, a slighty used one is good enough. I have had it a week and it has been great so far. I am averaging about 31 mpg.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    I love everything about Mitsubishi!!!!

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Congratulations!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,566 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Nice! Now you just need a Mirage to run about!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Its an absolute shame he doesnt let you get new mitsu because the 2016 outlander is worlds better than the 14/15. The updated CVT and the 100 improvements really add up. THe new 16 is faster, gets slightly better real world gas mileage and is vastly quieter. Its just a whole lot better place to be in and it realistically doesnt cost that much more to get into.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Congrats on the new ride!
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clessy View Post
    Its an absolute shame he doesnt let you get new mitsu because the 2016 outlander is worlds better than the 14/15. The updated CVT and the 100 improvements really add up. THe new 16 is faster, gets slightly better real world gas mileage and is vastly quieter. Its just a whole lot better place to be in and it realistically doesnt cost that much more to get into.
    What if you could get a new 15 Sport for ~15?
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    What if you could get a new 15 Sport for ~15?
    What trim are we talking about? At the price you're looking at a ES probably right?

The Outlander vs the Sport are such hugely different cars. Really depends on what you need. Imho the 2016 Outlander is the nicest car Mitsubishi makes at the moment. However the 2015 Outlander Sports are really nice too. However if you need the 3rd row seating or just the larger space and storage just go ahead and splrug on Outlander instead. The interior is just worlds apart in luxury. The sweet spot imho is the Outlander SEL.

At $15k however for a used sport you're doing yourself well unless it has just a stupid amount of miles.

You also have to remember if you already own mitsu you get loyality savings and theres rebates on new 2015s. Check where you're buying it at and see if the warrenty is gonna be transferable. If it is thats something to think about if its not why buy a used car to save yourself a few 1000's when you've got no warrenty? I mean for every 1000 you fiance its realistically only around $15 more a month on a payment.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Not used. Brand new. I'd have to look at the package
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Mitsubishi cars last "forever", very good quality

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Grsuper city, Now I Don't Feel So Bad your Outlander is Really Sharp!!!! I did the same thing But I took advantage of the Good Rebates and got a New 015 Outlander SE you'll have to let me know how it's goingName:  image.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  95.8 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  95.9 KB

hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)