Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Video: starter problem (Mirage 1.2L CVT) - flywheel defect? Update: warranty repair

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    db1980 I agree with you 100% I did not see your reply as negative and I appreciate your input. You are correct that some dealers may be resistant to what consumer says even if consumer is correct. The dealers are looking for a repair that is coded to the TSB directly. They want to make sure Mitsubishi is going to reimburse for parts and pay labor. Every brand manufacturer is probably different on what they require from dealer to get paid. As always use honey first when you approach service manager.
    Thanks again , your input and response to such probably cleared up a muddy issue for many on this forum. Have a great day

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Since I only saw one other manual driver in this thread, I thought I'd add that this happened once or twice to me last summer, and once today(that's why I'm here). Pretty rare but still concerning. I'll be talking to my local dealer on Monday.

2014 base MT, 41k miles, Virginia, USA

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hipomus For This Useful Post:

somemexican (12-03-2015)

Thanks for the report, Hipomus. Please let us know how it turns out with the dealer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hipomus View Post
    Since I only saw one other manual driver in this thread, I thought I'd add that this happened once or twice to me last summer, and once today(that's why I'm here). Pretty rare but still concerning. I'll be talking to my local dealer on Monday.

2014 base MT, 41k miles, Virginia, USA
    same here! My car just clicks once, have the 2014 M/T DE. going to call my dealer tomorrow morning, this shii sucks tho

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Anyone still having issues with this, or has Mitsu taken care of it all?
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    "They all do it" is not an acceptable answer in my opnion. It is a problem and it should be fixed under warranty.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cvs04 View Post
    Hi all,

Glad to find this forum. I have the saloon version of the Mirage which is called the Attrage here in Thailand where the car is made. I've got this problem often. Sometimes it does it everyday for 2-3 weeks then it'll do once or twice in a month strangely.

Anyhow took it Mitsubushi several times who simply say "they all do it, nothing we can do"

Any thoughts should I complain to head office here? Anyone had issues getting them to repair it?

Thanks in advance!
    Definitely needs to be fixed. This problem hasn't seemed to happen much on hatchbacks here in North America. You have a lot of heat and humidity there in Thailand. I'm thinking it's either a weak grounding issue or a weak connection issue that is influenced by environmental factors.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Israel
    Thanks
    Hey.
    I wanted to consult with you about a problem with the starter and the flywheel Mitsubishi mirage 2013.
    Months after the warranty ran out, every few days started to hear a noise when you try to motivate the switch, for the second time is normal driving the vehicle. Car electrician fix the starter. A week later, was back moving noise began again, and see that there is a problem with the flywheel worn down and need replacing, too, and he insisted to me that a company must make the responsibility for the repair, and the case came before someone several days with the same vehicle with the figure in 2013 that went to the starter wheel amplitude.
    The electrician says there is a problem with the starting of this model is destroying the flywheel.
    I read in this forum and have this problem too in the 2003 model.
    I've been chasing Mitsubishi week to return me an answer if you can get the work warranty and of course they do not come back and they have no answers.
    i want to ask you, is this problem in the 2014 and 2015 models too ? or only in 2012-2013 models ?

Hello, yorai -

Sorry to hear about this problem with your car.

The issue was definitely seen in some 2014 model year Mirages in North America. But based on the dates of the most recent reports in this thread, the company seemed to have corrected the problem for the 2015 model year.

Also note: I'm not sure how it works in Israel, but cars in N.A. may be designated as a "2015" model even if they were manufactured in 2014.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Israel
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Hello, yorai -

Sorry to hear about this problem with your car.

The issue was definitely seen in some 2014 model year Mirages in North America. But based on the dates of the most recent reports in this thread, the company seemed to have corrected the problem for the 2015 model year.

Also note: I'm not sure how it works in Israel, but cars in N.A. may be designated as a "2015" model even if they were manufactured in 2014.
    the mirage in israel is only came from Thailand.
    do you know about mitsubishi starter or flywheel recall or documents that mitsubishi know about this problem ?