Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Video: starter problem (Mirage 1.2L CVT) - flywheel defect? Update: warranty repair

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Very nice of you to provide yorai with those links. Guess his Google was broken too. Sure would have been nice, if he'd taken the time to do an update with how he made out.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well... Add another one to the list. My newly acquired 2014 is also chewing up the starter/flexplate. It's done it twice, and I haven't even gotten it legal to drive yet. I dropped it off at the dealer today, for two recalls, and asked them to check out the starter issue. As I knew, the starter won't be covered under warranty, but I'm trying to at least get the latest tsb and parts list, along with an estimate.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Just got back from the dealership. They did two recalls on the car. One C1601A, for 2014 & 2015 models. Invoice says check connector C212 for corrosion, and replace if necessary.
    Second one was C1602A, ECU refresh. Service mgr mentioned that part of this recall addresses similar starter issues that I mentioned. He said if it were him, he'd drive it for awhile, and see if that took care of it. I'm not sure how a reflash would fix a goofy starter drive, but who knows? Sounds like a load of crap, if you ask me. At least it didn't cost me anything. I thanked him, and slid him a $5.00 tip on the way out. Guess only time will tell.

I looked up that recall, and it only mentions too much fuel being dumped in the cylinder during cold starts, and possibly washing down the cylinders. Couldn't find anything about addressing the starter problem.

Last edited by Car Nut; 02-15-2017 at 09:15 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Car Nut For This Useful Post:

Eggman (02-15-2017)