Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Video: starter problem (Mirage 1.2L CVT) - flywheel defect? Update: warranty repair

Thanks for the update, Flange.

This must be painful for the company - there's not much profit in these cars to begin with, and here they are doing a fairly major warranty fix.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    New Zealand
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Indeed it must be. It does tell me that Mitsubishi are very serious indeed about this car and are intent on making it a long-term success world wide. If they weren't, then they would have passed on the flywheel part of the patch.

This might be a good opportunity for the owners of the manual Mirages - ask their dealers to remove that pesky kobold Name:  Kobold.jpeg
Views: 969
Size:  6.3 KB from the gearbox while they have the power unit out...

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Thanks for the update, Flange.

This must be painful for the company - there's not much profit in these cars to begin with, and here they are doing a fairly major warranty fix.
    if they sell this car worldwide and do this for some years to come ( i think the model is timeless design ) it wil make a good profit!

also everything they now fix in the urly years will make a good solid car to come over the years they build them

Quote Originally Posted by Flange View Post
    This might be a good opportunity for the owners of the manual Mirages - ask their dealers to remove that pesky kobold Name:  Kobold.jpeg
Views: 969
Size:  6.3 KB from the gearbox while they have the power unit out...
    Ha! Yes, pesky kobolds. And while they're getting him out, they can put in a proper (taller) fifth gear ratio for better highway economy! (I will continue beating that drum for years, probably.)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    No problem whatsoever on my manual mirage with engine start/stop button. Keep the clutch pressed will instantly turn on the engine in one press of the button. Otherwise have to push 3x to turn on, acc then start.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    is the problem not with the manual and key start instead of push button start?

The problem seems to be on CVT models only -- with either the push button or traditional key start

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    ok maybe i did read it wrong but was there not a problem where turning the key would make contact to start the ice to soon because of a fault in the key turn mechanisme.

Here's an owner of a regular key-start Mirage demonstrating the problem:

"Every morning," he says. Not happy.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    metro did you mean to say "not just push button start" this problem exist with 5sp & cvt or just cvt?