Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Winter Ready!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I ordered a set of GT Radial Champiro Icepro from Discount Tire Direct. With the rebate and labor day sale, it same to $38.25 a tire. Got two mounted up yesterday. Going to mount the other two either tonight or tomorrow night and then head over to Walmart to get them balanced.

I ended up going with the factory size for the Focus instead of skinnier like I usually do; the factory size was $38.25 a piece and I would have been spending $50 a piece or so to get them in skinnier 185/65-15.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Man, I really have looked for some snow wheels for my Mirage since I bought it. I sent $180 to a Mirage forum member when they replaced their wheels with aftermarket...only to be ripped off (f#ck you Nicki Mirage!).

I don't like doing tire swaps because I am stuck with the snow tires for the entire season. Snow around here tends to be sporadic, and you might only need the snow tires for a day or two at time...often not at all. I like being able to just swap snow wheels on and off as needed.

Still on the hunt.
    Holy crap dude. How did I miss this? Did you make a post about it and put her on blast? Can Metro get any personal info so you can report it to police? I am PISSED for you!
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I ran studded winterforces on my civic for 2 years, after driving on snow tires I was hooked also! I got my winterforces from ebay for $80. Believe me, the generals are even better, I could not believe how good they were. I'll be buying 2 more to complete my set soon! I'll never even look at a use winterforces after driving on these generals, they are amazing value and performance, you would have to spend double or triple to get a better winter tire.
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    That's cool. By the way, How to mount and balance your own tires?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You need special machines for mounting and balancing.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cani Lupine View Post
    You need special machines for mounting and balancing.
    Yes go to the place and bring some cash. The best special tool to have handy.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cyclopathic For This Useful Post:

Eggman (10-04-2015),inuvik (10-04-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cani Lupine View Post
    Pulled the trigger on a set of winter tires. I was thinking about going with the OEM size, but one size wider had so many more options, and they fit just fine on the OEM alloys. Got General Altimax Arctics in 175/65/14 after seeing how good they tested, and how much cheaper they were compared to some others. We had a lot of ice here in Northern Virginia last winter, so I want to make sure I'm ready, since my RT43s aren't as fresh as they were a year ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by M-88 View Post
    Got two mounted up yesterday. Going to mount the other two either tonight or tomorrow night and then head over to Walmart to get them balanced.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclopathic View Post
    Yes go to the place and bring some cash. The best special tool to have handy.
    Oh, I got it. When I read the post earlier and saw the photos, I though he was DIY mounting the tires at home.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Q
    Quote Originally Posted by mightymirage View Post
    Oh, I got it. When I read the post earlier and saw the photos, I though he was DIY mounting the tires at home.
    It is a pain in the butt even if you have the right equipment.

If you're planning to swaptires every fall/spring just get extra rims

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    Holy crap dude. How did I miss this? Did you make a post about it and put her on blast? Can Metro get any personal info so you can report it to police? I am PISSED for you!
    I took it up with the Mods, but I didn't want to rock the boat by posting about it publicly. I let the Mods know that if this person posted here again I'd let them have it, and for all to see. So far, I haven't seen them back. And I have been looking for them to see if they try posting under a different name.

To add insult to injury, they put up a garage pic of their car with the wheels they were supposed to send me...now spray-painted black.

Name:  2310.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  47.6 KB

Just took it as a loss...and a lesson.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    I took it up with the Mods, but I didn't want to rock the boat by posting about it publicly. I let the Mods know that if this person posted here again I'd let them have it, and for all to see. So far, I haven't seen them back. And I have been looking for them to see if they try posting under a different name.

To add insult to injury, they put up a garage pic of their car with the wheels they were supposed to send me...now spray-painted black.

Name:  2310.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  47.6 KB

Just took it as a loss...and a lesson.
    you do have their Texas plate number though...might help somehow?