Thread: Brake pads (on Rockauto)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Brake pads (on Rockauto)

Hey,

Rock auto has a ferodo part (aekebono) and a powerstop Z16. Imo aekebono usualy is better than oem but they market this one as an oe replacement. The z16 is supposed to iffer 20% more stoping power than the other makes.

Any opinions on these?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Do you find that your OEM pads don't have enough stopping power?
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    Do you find that your OEM pads don't have enough stopping power?
    Could use more for sure

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by XxPuNTeRxX View Post
    Imo aekebono usualy is better than oem but they market this one as an oe replacement.
    Akebono makes the OE pads for the Mirage (they say Akebono right on them), so these likely are the very same pads that Mitsubishi boxes and sells at the dealership.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

cyclopathic (01-14-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Then I would try the other ones.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Looks like the EBC are good replacements.

Name:  FOKjiQn.jpg
Views: 932
Size:  65.9 KB
    Features:
    1. Designed to give a high level of grip upon initial brake application
    2. Engineered for optimum performance on lighter vehicles with horsepower ratings under 200
    3. Nominal friction coefficient of 0.55
    4. Offers superior brake performance up to temperatures of 1,100° Fahrenheit
    5. Patented organic AF42/66 pad friction material features a low level of metallic compounds that reduces rotor wear by up to 50%
    6. Produces low amount of brake dust
    7. Backing plate and side edges of brake pad are green powder coated for resistance to corrosion
    8. Pad surfaces have chamfered edges to reduce contact against rotor lip that forms over time and causes squealing
    9. Center gap allows for proper heat expansion of brake pads
    10. Built in noise-reducing shims

For less powerful vehicles that don’t usually travel at triple-digit velocity, EBC Greenstuff 2000 Series Sport replacement brake pads offer better braking power at real world driving speeds and are thus formulated to provide longer pad life instead of autobahn grip. Sized and fitted to match the exact tolerances of original equipment, these pads fit properly, wear evenly, and avoid rattling or squealing. A patented metallic aramid compound uses DuPont Kevlar and Twaron composites to minimize the amount of steel wool necessary, so these pads cause far less abrasive wear on rotors without compromising brake pad efficiency or longevity. In government R90 tests of replacement brake components, EBC pads have been shown to deliver equivalent performance, bedding, cold temperature operation, and speed sensitivity versus original manufacturer parts. EBC’s patented brake pad material also ensures the pads are soft enough to avoid brake squealing but not so soft that longevity becomes compromised.

Name:  FWYvg22.jpg
Views: 925
Size:  64.0 KB
    Features:
    1. Patented AF42/66 pad friction material features a low level of metallic compounds that reduces rotor wear by up to 50%
    2. Produces low amount of brake dust
    3. Backing plate and side edges of brake pad are black powder coated for resistance to corrosion
    4. Pad surfaces have chamfered edges to reduce contact against rotor lip that forms over time and causes squealing
    5. Center gap allows for proper heat expansion of brake pads
    6. Built in noise-reducing shims
    7. Patented Brake-In red top coating provides better grip during the first 100 miles after new pads are installed
    8. Patented Brake-In red top coating scours off any existing glaze or heat spots from brake rotor surface for more even surface mating

EBC Ultimax OEM Replacement Brake Pads are designed to match the exact dimensions of original equipment with extremely tight tolerances to ensure proper fit, even wear, and absence of rattles and squeaks. A patented low-metallic aramid compound uses DuPont Kevlar and Twaron composites to reduce the amount of steel wool necessary, so these pads cause far less abrasive wear on rotors without compromising brake pad efficiency or longevity. In government R90 tests of replacement brake components,

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mitz For This Useful Post:

Daox (01-18-2016),inuvik (04-27-2016)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Has anyone ordered and fit the Greenstuff pads?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I have used EBC semi-metalic on bikes and they were a sizable improvement over OE. EBC organic used to be racetrack only and they were very bad in wet; not sure if this was fixed on current generation of organics.

Personally I wouldn't buy pads which don't last, and organic are not known for their life.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Akebono makes the OE pads for the Mirage (they say Akebono right on them), so these likely are the very same pads that Mitsubishi boxes and sells at the dealership.
    Agreed. The Akebono logo is stamped on the OEM pads. I replaced mine with Duralast ones from AutoZone and they're fine for every day driving. My OEM pads only lasted 20k but I drive mostly city and Pittsburgh hills are unforgiving on cars.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 37.9 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.5 mpg (Imp)