Thread: Keyhole to start engine! (In Mirage with pushbutton start)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks

Keyhole to start engine! (In Mirage with pushbutton start)

Why do these mirage have this keyhole to start their engine?

http://youtu.be/JJsbcUg55Wo

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    This is the smart key I believe... I don't have one either, but I'd like one... I'd also like pushbutton start...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage LS 1.2 manual: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.2 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    the spot where your key would normally go, that plug comes off to reveal a normal key hole, and your keyfob should have a removable key (its the metal part that you hook to your keychain). we still have a normal key slot, in case the fob dies.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by namco View Post
    the spot where your key would normally go, that plug comes off to reveal a normal key hole, and your keyfob should have a removable key (its the metal part that you hook to your keychain). we still have a normal key slot, in case the fob dies.
    There is nothing behind it on my car (smart key enabled). I do have the physical key hidden in the smart key. But as best I can find, the only place to use it is the doors.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    The slot next to the little storage box on the console for the smart key actually has a sensor which allows the car to start even if the battery in the transmitter is completely dead. There is a normal key that slides out of the fob, and that is used in the front passenger door lock in case the keyless entry doesn't work so you can get into the car with a dead fob.

I don't think there is anything behind the plug on the steering column, and it isn't designed to come out.