Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: White bear Mitsubishi

Country
    United States
    Thanks

White bear Mitsubishi

So we were at the saint paul saints pro baseball game last night. They were playing a team out of Winnipeg. And white bear Mitsubishi had a tent in the stadium, the only auto company in there! And were taking dollar donations for some nice hats. With the bear logo along with the saints logo. The bear mascot also threw out a pitch.

That's solid advertising.

/storyName:  20190812_202231.jpg
Views: 1425
Size:  97.7 KB

Last edited by Pryme; 08-14-2019 at 01:43 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Fixed it...

Name:  whitebear.jpg
Views: 1228
Size:  86.9 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

2of9 (08-15-2019),Pryme (08-14-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts

White Bear Mascot bloopers

In some parts of the country, people don't even realize Mitsubishi still exists in the U.S. White Bear Mitsubishi makes their presents known in the Twin Cities & surrounding area for sure!

I love these outtake clips of their White Bear mascot and the Minnesota Gopher's mascot. Richard was the manager of White Bear Mitsubishi at the time. I believe he is now owner. I get a sense Richard is a HUGE part of their success! If you need a chuckle, check out the clip!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nHnQQhWQVA

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

2of9 (08-15-2019),Daox (08-14-2019),Fummins (08-14-2019),Subcompact Culture (08-15-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    In some parts of the country, people don't even realize Mitsubishi still exists in the U.S. White Bear Mitsubishi makes their presents known in the Twin Cities & surrounding area for sure!

I love these outtake clips of their White Bear mascot and the Minnesota Gopher's mascot. Richard was the manager of White Bear Mitsubishi at the time. I believe he is now owner. I get a sense Richard is a HUGE part of their success! If you need a chuckle, check out the clip!

Yeah I saw that. And yeah he's the owner now i have seen him in a news interview.

Fixed it
    In some parts of the country, people don't even realize Mitsubishi still exists in the U.S. White Bear Mitsubishi makes their presence known in the Twin Cities & surrounding area for sure!

Last edited by Fummins; 08-15-2019 at 04:10 PM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Haven't met Richard personally but he does show up in maybe 1 or 2 local Mitsubishi/Car Facebook groups here and there. Seems like a pretty chill guy too. A few years back, there was also an "All Mitsubishi Car Show/Cookout" at the White Bear Lake Mitsubishi Dealership as well, which was super cool.

Name:  15209394661_c10aac2e5e_z.jpg
Views: 1167
Size:  85.9 KB
    Name:  15025753870_e4ab1f5a10_z.jpg
Views: 1039
Size:  81.6 KB
    Name:  15025661349_a5dfbaa820_z.jpg
Views: 1069
Size:  56.8 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2of9 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (08-20-2019),Pryme (08-17-2019)

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    When I was at the Minnesota State Fair last year, I was very pleased to see White Bear Mitsubishi's presence there—they literally had every vehicle Mitsubishi makes, if not two of them. We bought a 1990 Eclipse from them (in 1990).

However, we had a really bad experience with them back in the early 1990s, where we stopped going to them. That was, however, 27 years ago, and it's likely that there isn't a single employee left there from back then.

My mom lives in Hudson, WI and with the Mitsu dealer going out of business in Bloomington, she has to go to White Bear again. But like I said, I'm sure it's not like it was in 1992.

Regardless, it's good to see a dealer that really gets out there. In fact, ever time I go back to MN to visit, I'm always shocked to see Mitsubishis everywhere.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Subcompact Culture View Post
    When I was at the Minnesota State Fair last year, I was very pleased to see White Bear Mitsubishi's presence there—they literally had every vehicle Mitsubishi makes, if not two of them. We bought a 1990 Eclipse from them (in 1990).

However, we had a really bad experience with them back in the early 1990s, where we stopped going to them. That was, however, 27 years ago, and it's likely that there isn't a single employee left there from back then.

My mom lives in Hudson, WI and with the Mitsu dealer going out of business in Bloomington, she has to go to White Bear again. But like I said, I'm sure it's not like it was in 1992.

Regardless, it's good to see a dealer that really gets out there. In fact, ever time I go back to MN to visit, I'm always shocked to see Mitsubishis everywhere.
    White Bear would have been a Saturn dealership in the 1990's. Thus, they became a Mitsubishi dealership about 10 years ago.

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    White Bear would have been a Saturn dealership in the 1990's. Thus, they became a Mitsubishi dealership about 10 years ago.
    According to the BBB, White Bear Lake Mitsubishi was established in 1991, but it also had something to do with Saturn.

I think the dealershp may have moved. I see now that it is now located north of 694. Back in the early 1990s, it was south, closer to where the Audi dealer is on 61. I see they're up by Buerkle Honda.

I lived in the area from 1978 to 2001, so things may have moved around since then.
    Last edited by Subcompact Culture; 08-16-2019 at 07:32 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Subcompact Culture View Post
    According to the BBB, White Bear Lake Mitsubishi was established in 1991, but it also had something to do with Saturn.

I think the dealershp may have moved. I see now that it is now located north of 694. Back in the early 1990s, it was south, closer to where the Audi dealer is on 61. I see they're up by Buerkle Honda.

I lived in the area from 1978 to 2001, so things may have moved around since then.

You surely know more about their past. I may have misunderstood what I was told, too. The salesman that delivered my Mirage to my home told me they were a Saturn dealership and became a Mitsubishi dealership when Saturn went out of business. Maybe he worked for their Saturn dealership and transferred to their Mitsubishi dealership when Saturn ended? I could have misunderstood him.

White Bear gave me the best car buying experience I ever had, & that happened without visiting them even once. Regardless of their past, they are committed to the Mitsubishi brand.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Subcompact Culture (08-19-2019)