Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First major problem at 74000 Miles (AC compressor bearing failure)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    On a side note, And, not related to air conditioning, Have you had your valve clearance checked at all? Was wondering if I'll need to do this or not. There is conflicting info floating about, about it.
    Thank you

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by closedknuckle View Post
    On a side note, And, not related to air conditioning, Have you had your valve clearance checked at all? Was wondering if I'll need to do this or not. There is conflicting info floating about, about it.
    Thank you
    The tech told me at bedford when I had my trans flush done that valves do not need the clearance checked. It's also on a sticker under the hood that they can't be.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Dealer was just blowing smoke to cover their shutdown. Mitsubishi would not be certifying new dealers if they were going to pull the plug. No dealer would go through the expense and training to gain a brand just to have it shut down.
    When I took the car there back in Februaryish I was chatting with the service writer and I was talking about the death of the Evo and he mentions the Mirage evo thats supposed to come out and then he shows me a picture of the yellow rendition someone did back in 2012 of what they thought a mirage evo should look like. He was adamant that it was real and going into production. At that point I was suspect on anything he told me. Not to say the whole dealership is like that but I'd be wary on anything they say.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I also approached Bedford Mitsubishi about their inventory as it is/was listed online. They told me that Mitsubishi is pulling out of North America. All their inventory of Mirages and other models were in the Zoom storage lot on Broadway, and that the Mazda of Bedford dealership was working on becoming a certified Mitsubishi dealer. Once they get things arranged, they would start offering those cars for sale. I called Mazda of Bedford a couple weeks ago and they still were not ready to sell the Mitsubishis.

Since you are nearby, have a look at the parking lot across Broadway from the Mazda of Bedford dealership. I'm curious to know if those cars are still there.
    I'll take a look. It's kinda out of the way but maybe I'll get dairy queen for lunch one of these days and head back there.

I'm really not surprised this happened just annoyed. This Mitsu was Rick Case Mitsubishi as of last year I believe so it was just changing hands before it shut down.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Just stopped by the Zoom lot on Broadway and found all the Mitsubishis stored there were gone. I asked a guy working there where they went and he said they are back on the lot at the Hyundai dealership. Apparently, they are selling the Mitsubishis again. I got no explanation about what happened.

I *think* this is their website: http://www.bedfordmitsubishi.com/

I visited the showroom, they had the Outlanders, Mirages, and Lancers in limited numbers. The service & parts department are open too.

Would like to know the back story. Anyway, good thing they got things sorted out, whatever they were.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Any way to prevent this?

Also, I thought the belt was supposed to be serviced way before 75k? Perhaps servicing the belt would have resulted to having the correct tightening specs?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Any way to prevent this?

Also, I thought the belt was supposed to be serviced way before 75k? Perhaps servicing the belt would have resulted to having the correct tightening specs?
    Check belt tension
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FMiB3CnZpRc

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cyclopathic For This Useful Post:

mitsumi (02-06-2016)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclopathic View Post
    now i know how to check the belt and what to check! thanks for this

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Im a subsequent owner so my warranty runs out in 5 months. If you get a compressor online is it easy finding garages to install it for you just charging you labor? It seems like some car service centers just want to see you their parts.

Some places will let customers supply their own parts. Some may not. Everyone want's to make a profit on parts. The shops should be able to buy parts cheaper than you can then sell them at retail to the customer. Except for when it comes to places like Rock auto.

But I'm sure shops get tired of customers bringing the wrong parts and having car's stuck in the shop or on a hoist for hours or days until the right parts are acquired. I'd want to charge the customer full shop rate until the customer supplies the right parts or let's the shop just get the correct parts.

With that said it shouldn't be hard to find the right part online. Look up what you want on a Mitsubishi Parts site, look up different years to find out what fits. Regardless of what others say that's the only way to know for sure what'll fit. Or just call the dealer and ask them(if you can get someone helpfull) but most dealers usually want the vin to look up anything.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (03-12-2019)