Thread: Mirage/Space Star Android multimedia system + installation kit

Country
    Israel
    Thanks

Mirage/Space Star Android multimedia system + installation kit

Hello everyone.

I was exited to find a dedicated mirage forum. I'm about to get my new Mitsubish Space Star in 6 days and for the past mouth I've done a long research to get a ultimate multimedia system for my car.

I'm looking for a fast Android device with 3G(support), heigh resolution screen and most importantly good audio quality.

Having the option to install apps like Spotify, Rdio, Waze and using the Google Maps app for navigation will give me everything I want in a multimedia system, It is also a huge advantage to have BT for hands free calls, reverse sensors and other features.

Unfortunately in my country it is illegal to install android multimedia in cars so all official audio shops will not provide this head units and I will have to self import it myself.

The only units I found that combine what I'm looking for are China made devices and they all appear to be low end devices, Amazon reviews sometimes contains complaints about audio quality and most common complaint are about the screen not being dimmed for night driving.

Also most of this systems are not standard DDIN size and that makes it difficult to find an appropriate installation KIT, Local Audio shops charge $300 for an original KIT.

I wander if anyone have any knowledge to share here.

Here are some links to what I found online:

Android Multimedia 2DIN size

1. the following one support 32GB SD, Low resolution screen and overall nice design. it is 110mmX178mm non standard DDIN size. cost $309
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/7-2-DIN-Doub...YAAOxyzqdTc5Gk

2. this unite has nice screen resolution, it's should be a fast unit, has only 1GB ram (like most), 8GB rom. Couldn't find the actual size of the unit and amp info. cost $400
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-din-6-2-Pu...VVpIRu&vxp=mtr

3. The following 2 units are the ones I actually considering, It would be nice to know if the sound quality is good
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XGEYU26?keywords=2din%20car%20android&qid=14462 06905&ref_=sr_1_1&refinements=p_72%3A2661618011&sr =8-1

http://www.amazon.com/Pumpkin-Univer...ct_top?ie=UTF8

Installation Kit

Here I'm not sure what I need,

There this thing that comes as one piece:
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/JSTMA...433120107.html

And the regular one:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/251759828852...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I contacted the seller on ebay and asked what is the supported size, he replied Standard 2din.
    I believe standard is 100x180mm, non of the systems above is 180x100mm it's more like 178x110 or 176x98mm

What should I do, can someone make sense of it all?

I'll keep updates here as I move forward with purchasing a device and will post photos of the instillation process.

Last edited by Liranko; 11-06-2015 at 11:24 AM.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    The second install kit should work just fine for any double-DIN system. It's the one I plan to buy as well. I'm not quite sure with the first one and why it includes spots for the vents. And at that price, I wouldn't be interested in finding out.

The big problem is with the systems. There are certain things I prefer to buy from China, but a head unit is something I would totally avoid. I definitely don't trust that to deliver the quality needed for such a device.

I'm not sure why the dimensions are a bit off. There would be no money to be made if these didn't fit in a normal double-DIN opening. I'm guessing that the mounting brackets included make them fit fine.

Country
    Israel
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nickpon View Post
    The big problem is with the systems. There are certain things I prefer to buy from China, but a head unit is something I would totally avoid. I definitely don't trust that to deliver the quality needed for such a device.
    Okay, do you know of any decent android system? the thing is that in this day and age you would expect to have advanced systems in cars and most are not advanced at all.
    Android provide you with the freedom to customize your multimedia head unit to your needs.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    here, maybe you may try them they sell 2DIN Headunits Android for mirage here in PH but not sure if they deliver abroad.

https://www.facebook.com/growl.ph/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Israel
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsumi View Post
    here, maybe you may try them they sell 2DIN Headunits Android for mirage here in PH but not sure if they deliver abroad.

https://www.facebook.com/growl.ph/
    Okay, I will try to communicate with them and will post updates.
    Thanks!

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Israel
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsumi View Post
    This is the data I received from them:

CPU: CorteX A9 Dual Core 1.6GHz
    RAM: DDR3 1Gb
    ROM: 8G EMMC SD: support 32G SD card
    VIDEO: RMVB,MKV,MOV,WMV,AVI,MPG,TS with 1080P
    AUDIO: MP3,WMA,WAV,OGG,FLAC
    GPS MODULE: Support GPS Navigation software: Sygic, Waze
    DVD decoder
    Screen: SUPPORT HD TFT (800*480/1024*600)and capacitive touch screen.
    WIFI 3G GPRS External 3G dongle
    TV: Built-in Analog
    Bluetooth Audio and Handsfree Call
    Steering Wheel control: Supported
    Rear view video: Automatic Backup Camera turn on when reversing
    Compatible with Digital TV (TV PLUS)

sir our android oem head unit is better compared to other windowsCE based HUs on these 5 points:
    1) android is 4x faster (processor speed) with 1.6ghz dual core for multi tasking
    2) android can read upto 1TB portable hard drive compared to 8-16gb USB of the windowsCE
    3)android can read 1080p videos and movies and different file formats while the windowsCE can only read 480p avi or mp4 format
    4)android has multi touch capacitive screen similar to the latest phone tablets of today compared to the resistive type touch screen of the windowsCE.
    5) android has internet access and enjoys the advantage of downloading android apps that are beneficial on your driving experience.

package inclusions: oem android head unit, reverse camera, tv tuner, gps antenna, gps card, user manual, stylus, ipod and usb connector, plug and play harness and wifi dongle.

The way I see it is not the most advanced system out there, So it's a meter of price and solution. If I'll get a full solution from them that includes the 2din panel and the Android system I will consider paying a bit more.

I also look for a 3G dongle support for the unit to have internet support, not sure if their unit will support that

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    as i see from the video i posted it can connect to wifi device, thats why they included a wifi dongle but not sure if its openline in other country. i havent ask them yet if the panel OS can be upgraded also.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    any update on this? or who else has an android HU /Panel? want to see it