Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Window problem

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    In the American owners manual, it says fully close the window. Then "raise" the switch once again and hold it that way for at least 1 second then release it.

But if either the open or closed type action does not reprogram the window to operate properly.

Try this first, disconnect the battery. The window should not be able to operate with the automatic up or down feature.

"If the battery terminals are disconnected or the fuse for electric window is replaced, the safety mechanism will be cancelled and the door window will not automatically open/close completely. If the window is open, repeatedly raise the driver's door window switch until the window is closed. Following this, release the switch, raise the switch once again and hold it in this condition for at least 1 second, then release it. You should now be able to operate the driver's door window in the normal fashion." Mitsubishi owners manual page 3-47

If you disconnect the battery and are still able to make the window function with the auto up/down then there is a problem that needs further investigation.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 45.8 mpg (US) ... 19.5 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    The power windows in this car are designed with a safety mechanism. When the window is going up automatically and something gets stuck in between the window and the door frame (like a child's head), the window will automatically go back down a certain distance and stop.

It looks like this is what is happening. You may need to adjust the window regulator down a little in order to keep the safety feature from being activated.

Country
    Egypt
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    The power windows in this car are designed with a safety mechanism. When the window is going up automatically and something gets stuck in between the window and the door frame (like a child's head), the window will automatically go back down a certain distance and stop.

It looks like this is what is happening. You may need to adjust the window regulator down a little in order to keep the safety feature from being activated.
    Can you explain how to make this please ��

Country
    Egypt
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post

Can you explain how to make this please 😊

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Eslam,
    If I understand you correctly, you say you added the window closer. Was this a replacement for a failed motor?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eslam Omara View Post
    Welcome every one
    i have a problem that annoyed me
    i add windows closer unit to my car
    after i added it i noticed that the driver's window when
    i press the button to rise up automatically (with one press)
    it rise normally
    and after it reach the end it going down as you put your hand !!!!
    What can i do !!!!!
    Eslam, forgive me for removing your formatting and also for not providing more detail in my question earlier.

When you say you 'added' the 'windows closer unit' this could mean two things to me:
    1. you replaced a failed unit
    2. you installed a motorized unit when the car was sold without one.

This could make a difference in how you approach the problem.

In situation #1, follow the instructions in the Mirage owners manual for resetting this. It has been covered in several posts here.

In situation #2, I see there could be two potential choices to be had. Either the new windows closer unit is a Mitsubishi part designed for the Mirage, or it is a generic aftermarket part that could work on a variety of cars. If it is designed for the Mirage, you either need to follow the directions posted here earlier to set/reset the unit, or discuss your next steps with your local Mitsubishi dealership. If your window closer unit is a generic aftermarket type, there should be installation instructions associated with that piece of hardware that should tell you what is needed.

I'm sorry to hear you had these problems, and wish there was more we could do to help. Please let us know what you had to do to fix this problem so we could learn from it.

And thanks for posting the video, it was very helpful in better understanding the nature of the problem.

Best wishes.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Egypt
    Thanks
    Thanks every one for useful corporation
    the problem had been solved
    By removing the battery cable
    Thanks every body

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eslam Omara For This Useful Post:

daleWV (11-14-2015),inuvik (11-13-2015),laceygirl (11-13-2015),mitsumi (05-15-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Excellent. Glad to hear you got that resolved.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I think this should be in the how to or sticky.
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alex16 View Post
    I think this should be in the how to or sticky.
    this could be handy with other users. sticky!!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)