Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage changes, specifications, details, pricing

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarles2 View Post
    My first new car was an Accent GT. It was not just a cosmetic package. The base Accent had a 1.5L 12 valve SOHC engine with 92 horsepower. Attachment 4517
    Whoops! Guess I was thinking of the early 2000s Elantra GT.

For the most part, I am okay with what Mitsubishi has done here for '17. Their one unforgivable sin is not offering a manual transmission on the GT model. It pisses me off that all manufacturers are doing this lately. They will sell you a car with a manual, but ONLY with limited options. One of the main reasons I picked the Mirage is that I could get a manual on the top trim level!

Now I can't!

Why must I spend $1000 on the slushy, mushy, boggy, doggy CVT if I want heated seats??? I should at least be able to special-order a GT with a manual. If Mitsubishi doesn't want to build a bunch of them manual GTs only to have them sit on the lot, that's fine. I get it. But I should be able to check that box and wait six weeks for one.

Last edited by Cobrajet; 11-21-2015 at 08:21 AM.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Whoops! Guess I was thinking of the early 2000s Elantra GT.

For the most part, I am okay with what Mitsubishi has done here for '17. Their one unforgivable sin is not offering a manual transmission on the GT model. It pisses me off that all manufacturers are doing this lately. They will sell you a car with a manual, but ONLY with limited options. One of the main reasons I picked the Mirage is that I could get a manual on the top trim level!

Now I can't!

Why must I spend $1000 on the slushy, mushy, boggy, doggy CVT if I want heated seats??? I should at least be able to special-order a GT with a manual. If Mitsubishi doesn't want to build a bunch of them manual GTs only to have them sit on the lot, that's fine. I get it. But I should be able to check that box and wait six weeks for one.
    They lost me when they didn't put in 4B engine with 5MT in it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    But they haven't said there not putting the 4b11 in yet/ Hopefully the new york auto show they talk more about the sedan and gt model
    I love everything about Mitsubishi!!!!

Mitsubishi Technician live4redline's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grsupercity View Post
    But they haven't said there not putting the 4b11 in yet/ Hopefully the new york auto show they talk more about the sedan and gt model
    Sadly, they did say it. The features, specs and options are listed on Mitsubishi's website.

Honestly they need to REMOVE the GT package and just offer the HID's and larger wheels as options for the ES and SE. That way we can reserve hope that maybe someday they will add a real GT package that includes options that a real GT package should. Options like a Manual Transmission, Rear disk brakes, sway bars, stiffer suspension, sporty interior, a secondary motor option or at least a few more HP over the base model.
    Last edited by live4redline; 11-21-2015 at 03:49 PM.
    Daily: 2017 Mirage G4 SE - Not Boosted Yet!

Current Project: Working on legitimate Mirage Tuning

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    May be a stupid question but what motor is the 4b11? What car is it currently in? Thats not the EVO motor is it?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flotownj View Post
    May be a stupid question but what motor is the 4b11? What car is it currently in? Thats not the EVO motor is it?
    Base Lancer. EVO has 4B11T, T for turbo.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cyclopathic For This Useful Post:

flotownj (11-22-2015)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    I never really thought, Mitsubishi would bring a 2.0 liter engine in the Mirage.

And I really donīt like the new look. The old style was really sporty and unique, now it looks just like an korean car.

5 mm more height because of the new chassis is something I wonīt like. The Eibach springs I have in my Space Star are great. I donīt think the new suspension set-up is half as good and lower ride height not only looks better, but reduces fuel consumption, too.

In ECE-specification, the 1.2 liter engine still has more torque and power. Since I never use the power but only drive with low rpm, higher power would be nothing to attract me. Both the 1.0 and 1.2 liter motors deliver a really weak performance compared to other cars, that is only made up for the low weight and the additional displacement of the 1.2 liter motor.

Larger brakes, new steering wheel and LED illumination package (does someone have photos?) are nothing I must have.

I canīt see a drag reduction, either, since a cd of 0,27 was claimed for the old version, too (at least for some trim levels).

After all, Iīm now even more happy with my Space Star. If I donīt like it after a couple of weeks anymore, I only have to drive my older Daihatsu Cuore. Driving the Cuore is such fun, I canīt believe I really bought the Space Star. But sitting in the Space Star again the next day, I like the seats (only a habituation effect, in the beginning I really hated them), the beter noise dampening and almost everything again .
    Mitsubishi Space Star 1.2:
    Daihatsu Cuore L251:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Space Star Klassik Kollektion+ 1.2 manual: 67.5 mpg (US) ... 28.7 km/L ... 3.5 L/100 km ... 81.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    With all the upgrades I've done to my mirage, mine is already better than the one they plan to release in 2017...... If the price is right, I'll buy one though.....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage LS 1.2 manual: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.2 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I actually really like the updated styling. It definitely looks more grown up, mature, and expensive. They added features you can't even get on other economy cars so that's nice. I'm not looking for a dirt cheap car so I would be willing to spend the money on the GT, but they totally lost me with a mandatory CVT!! This car is just too underpowered to make a CVT enjoyable.

I also grew up with hot hatches and remember almost buying a 1990 Mitsu Mirage Turbo (a C&D ten best) as my first car but since it needed engine work I went for an 84 GTI instead (still my favorite all time car). When I read this forum, I shook my head in disbelief in those actually thinking a 2.0 would ever be put in this car. It's not feasible. The front end would be too heavy, making handling completely awful and even if the engine fits, doing any service would not be fun as access would be extremely tight and more then likely it could not meet safety requirements without a lot of retooling since it would lose a lot of valuable crush space. What would be feasible is a 1.4-1.6 twin cam 4 cylinder, but since Mitsu does not have an engine like this certified for the U.S., it would never happen, sad to say. If they did, I would buy it in a heartbeat. As it stands, my Fiat 500 Turbo is the closest in spirit to the 80s hot hatches that you can buy today.
    Last edited by Carfreak09; 11-23-2015 at 01:20 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Carfreak09 For This Useful Post:

debburyl (11-23-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm with you!!! When I saw the Video of the LA car show I was Really impressed !!!! I had Chills going down my spine!!! The New Mirage is a Big Plus for MITSUBISHI !! I think they are going in the wright Direction !! Inproveing thier Best sellers! Catch the Mirage, MITSUBISHI Fever!!!!!

hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)