Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage changes, specifications, details, pricing

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    What heck !!!! What happen to the mirage 2.0 gt!!!! Wtf I am tick off I really wanted that

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Name:  1auUiZE.jpg
Views: 3484
Size:  52.0 KB

Name:  jdwms5k.jpg
Views: 1437
Size:  50.2 KB

Name:  wkSh9LN.jpg
Views: 1062
Size:  53.4 KB

Name:  UeHrcvb.jpg
Views: 914
Size:  43.1 KB

Name:  lgQAucE.jpg
Views: 825
Size:  40.4 KB

The 2017 Mirage continues to utilize a 1.2-liter 3-cylinder DOHC engine featuring the latest version of Mitsubishi Innovative Valve timing Electronic Control (MIVEC) variable valve-timing system that maximizes fuel efficiency and power output while greatly minimizing exhaust emissions. With the addition of a roller-type camshaft, Mirage increases its horsepower to 78 horsepower and 74 lb-ft torque.

Mirage's handling and brakes are improved for 2017 as well. Optimizing the spring rate and damping force of the shock absorbers while adding stiffness to the front end achieve handling and stability improvements. In addition, bigger diameter brake discs (251 mm) are used in the front and the rear brake drums (203 mm) have increased 23 millimeters. The brake pad/shoe material has also been changed for even better stopping performance.

Every 2017 Mirage comes equipped with a wide array of safety features and technologies. These include a seven air bag Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) comprised of dual front air bags, dual front seat-mounted side-impact air bags, dual side-impact curtain air bags, and a driver's knee air bag; 4-wheel anti-lock brakes (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist; a Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS); and Active Stability Control (ASC) with Traction Control Logic (TCL). Mirage models equipped with the continuously-variable transmission-equipped (CVT) also include Hill Start Assist (HSA).

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mitz For This Useful Post:

Daox (11-19-2015),fc321 (02-29-2016),MetroMPG (11-19-2015)

Car Guru
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by L047 View Post
    Just click AT-A-GLANCE, FEATURE & OPTIONS, TECH SPECS at the top. You just saw OVERVIEW of the press kit.

I based my post on what the guy was stating as the press release was rolling. I was watching it all on my phone and posted that. By the time I posted it, I saw that the actual full blown press release had been posted.
    Certified holder of useless car knowledge.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    So other than a grille change, roller cam with 4 more hp, slightly larger brakes and stiffer springs that's about it. Seems like the coeficient of drag might be slightly higher with a larger exposed upper grille even though it's supposed to be better.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I was really going to hate it if the 2017 came with a taller 4th and 5th gear for the MT... looks like the gear ratios are the same... can't beleive they haven't addressed that.

I suppose they are engineers after all, maybe they have a good reason behind it? If so, I certainly can't figure it out.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Also, I can't seem to find cruise control feature listed anywhere?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    SE and GT trims get cruise.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Post #1 updated with summary of main changes

Cruise is available on the SE & GT.

=========

Since this thread seems to be the one people are using most to talk about the new information, I updated post #1 with a summary of the major changes to the car in these categories:

• Engine
    • Transmissions
    • Chassis/Suspension
    • Wheels/Tires
    • Brakes
    • Exterior: Aerodynamics
    • Exterior: Dimensions / Curb Weights
    • Exterior: Styling
    • Interior

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

91cavgt (11-19-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    LED tail lights, check.

Name:  2017_Mirage_GT_HR_12.jpg
Views: 850
Size:  39.3 KB

Also, the GT trim gets HIDs.

Name:  2017_Mirage_GT_HR_8.jpg
Views: 828
Size:  74.0 KB
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    they're going for a more aggressive look. hopefully the spring and dampers have been solved now. no more bottoming out on the rear.

i wonder when will these roll out? late 2016?