Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 3A92 engine with roller cam.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclopathic View Post
    Truth is we can only speculate
    Actually, with the ready availability of information, we don't have to draw conclusions on speculation alone. That is one thing I really appreciate about this (and other) forums - hard facts from people who have been there, done that. Guesswork can be, and often is, misleading.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Actually, with the ready availability of information, we don't have to draw conclusions on speculation alone. That is one thing I really appreciate about this (and other) forums - hard facts from people who have been there, done that. Guesswork can be, and often is, misleading.
    All we have a press conference brief. Don't expect PR people go 20 min over engine changes, they go over PowerPoint bullet points. I will wait for tech info to trickle down. Just don't believe you can get 5.4% HP bump on camshaft friction reduction alone, sorry!

Agree about warranty

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    I don´t understand what this thread is all about. With european specification, the motor already achieves 80 PS and 106 Nm and is a MIVEC engine. So does the european Space Star already have "roller cam"?
    Mitsubishi Space Star 1.2:
    Daihatsu Cuore L251:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Space Star Klassik Kollektion+ 1.2 manual: 67.5 mpg (US) ... 28.7 km/L ... 3.5 L/100 km ... 81.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 25Plus View Post
    I don´t understand what this thread is all about. With european specification, the motor already achieves 80 PS and 106 Nm and is a MIVEC engine. So does the european Space Star already have "roller cam"?
    Nope. You just don't have EPA.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    All we have a press conference brief. Don't expect PR people go 20 min over engine changes, they go over PowerPoint bullet points. I will wait for tech info to trickle down. Just don't believe you can get 5.4% HP bump on camshaft friction reduction alone, sorry!

Agree about warranty
    i agree with that, Mitsubishi has done some other tweeks to get this bump in hp

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    That is very good question; we wouldn't know answer until parts diagrams are out and we can go over and see what changed. Likely that cam and ECU code are different, but this is just a guess. They could have done other changes like change port cross-section MIVEC timing, etc. Perhaps it would be cheaper to return yours to stock and trade it in for 2017?
    The car is too hacked up (cutting/welding to adapt for seat rails for full bucket, cut up body for wheel clearance, etc...) So maybe I'll just source a 2017 motor later to build for boost (assuming rollers are more reliable).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rival Autosport For This Useful Post:

cyclopathic (02-17-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RalliArt_Mirage View Post
    The car is too hacked up (cutting/welding to adapt for seat rails for full bucket, cut up body for wheel clearance, etc...) So maybe I'll just source a 2017 motor later to build for boost (assuming rollers are more reliable).
    If you are going through all the trouble IMHO insurance write off Lancer RallyArt or even awc would be less trouble. Better aftermarket support too. Maybe you are lucky and you can even get EVO.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    If you are going through all the trouble IMHO insurance write off Lancer RallyArt or even awc would be less trouble. Better aftermarket support too. Maybe you are lucky and you can even get EVO.
    Nah, after flinging the Mirage around, even compared to older Mirages, Lancers and DSMs I've owned, I prefer the way a car with very little weight drives. Those other cars are great and all, but I can't toss them around like I can the Mirage. Even with the lack of power I took it to 2 auto-x podiums this year. It just goes where I want it to with no fuss.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    i agree with that, Mitsubishi has done some other tweeks to get this bump in hp
    If we are all about speculation here, then I would guess that the method that would produce the most improvement would be ECU tuning, not changing cam profile. Again, the cam profile is already managed with MIVEC.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RalliArt_Mirage View Post
    Nah, after flinging the Mirage around, even compared to older Mirages, Lancers and DSMs I've owned, I prefer the way a car with very little weight drives. Those other cars are great and all, but I can't toss them around like I can the Mirage. Even with the lack of power I took it to 2 auto-x podiums this year. It just goes where I want it to with no fuss.
    What I meant is to transplant powerplant from totaled Lancer to Mirage. Assuming 300lbs gain it will be still a light car.