View Poll Results: Does the Mirage have "enough" power?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's absolutely fine - I hardly ever ask for max power

44 51.76%
  • It's adequate. Enough said.

30 35.29%
  • I wish it had more power for where I drive or the way I drive.

11 12.94%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirage owners: is 74 hp (or 78) "enough" power?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    For the most part, I can get up to freeway speeds on the onramp, before ever getting on the freeway, while keeping the ECO light on. If the purpose of your car is "transportation", it's sufficient.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.1 mpg (US) ... 18.7 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 52.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    power is just right. it's an econo box after all.. spirited driving is alot of fun. revving upto 5k's and hearing the induction noise and still get atleast 10km/L

the only gripe I have is the ride quality and NVH levels. hopefully it's sorted out on the facelifted version.

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I never complained about the power as an issue i've had but i do think it should have a more powerful engine available for people who want the extra power. I just want better suspension lol.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Marklovski For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (12-02-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I voted for more power because I enjoy driving spiritedly. It by no means is inadequate for daily driving. I often find myself looking at the lit eco light because of the car in front of me. Even driving it like a race car the lowest MPG reading I averaged for more than 5 minutes was 28 mpg. That being said my lifetime average is 40 mpg with a ton of trips shorter than 12 miles with freeway being most of the 12 miles. I think the engineers did a great job with the tuning to give it the feeling of more power than it has. I just want an even 100HP rating to make the automotive industry to take this gem seriously and to put a big grin on my face when the entrance ramp is empty.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 38.6 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.4 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BecauseRaceCar For This Useful Post:

chgruver (03-23-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The mirage has plenty of power to get the job done, I haven't driven the cvt model but the 5 speed manual that we have in the states does a good job for the day to day adventures that most people do. I personally want to turbo the 3A92, get some coilovers, dial in the alignment and lighten the mirage and create a well sorted light weight street/track car

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    A 1.0 with a taller top gear (manual) would be nice, then I could average over 60 MPG.

regards
    mech

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage de 1.2 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bkessinger1109 View Post
    The mirage has plenty of power to get the job done, I haven't driven the cvt model but the 5 speed manual that we have in the states does a good job for the day to day adventures that most people do. I personally want to turbo the 3A92, get some coilovers, dial in the alignment and lighten the mirage and create a well sorted light weight street/track car
    I have the CVT and when I need more power ie. going up a hill, I just downshift to the "B" and it acts as an overdrive to get the job done.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Plenty of power for my needs. I'd even consider less hp for better mileage. The 1.0 with a 6 speed with 6th being a .55 ratio? That's what I'm talkin' about!
    I totally agree, and have the 1.0 MT European-geared model. Most of my driving is on the German Autobahn at speeds much higher than allowed in the states.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foama View Post
    I totally agree, and have the 1.0 MT European-geared model. Most of my driving is on the German Autobahn at speeds much higher than allowed in the states.
    At what speed? 120? 130kmh?

We have at least 70mph, many states 75 and some places 80/85mph speed limit, but the unwritten rule cops aren't gonna stop you for +9, so 70mph =125kmh and 75 = 135. Yanks aren't very obigient they treat speed limit as recommend speed. Never've been to Germany but traveling through Italy the only cars we ran into which traveled at speed limit had German or Austrian plates

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclopathic View Post
    At what speed? 120? 130kmh?

We have at least 70mph, many states 75 and some places 80/85mph speed limit, but the unwritten rule cops aren't gonna stop you for +9, so 70mph =125kmh and 75 = 135. Yanks aren't very obigient they treat speed limit as recommend speed. Never've been to Germany but traveling through Italy the only cars we ran into which traveled at speed limit had German or Austrian plates
    Usually 110-150kmh depending on conditions.
    In mid and southern Italy with a car carrying north-european plates, its not unusual to get fined for speeding if youre just doing the limit while being overtaken by locals. Putting a few notes in the registration papers while handing them over usually gets you moving away without a fine. I don't think its good, but it usually works that way. Wonder how low the salary of the cops may be...