View Poll Results: Does the Mirage have "enough" power?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's absolutely fine - I hardly ever ask for max power

44 51.76%
  • It's adequate. Enough said.

30 35.29%
  • I wish it had more power for where I drive or the way I drive.

11 12.94%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Mirage owners: is 74 hp (or 78) "enough" power?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranny View Post
    I drive my Mirage for fuel economy and rarely push it, but I recently put on oversized snow tires and between that and the switch to winter gas blend, the economy has gone to hell, so I've been a little less stringent with my gentle driving and have started pushing it a bit. And it does have more power than I expected, though off the line isn't great. That said, I do prefer less strained power delivery and there are economy cars out there that can get up and go in a far less strained manner than our beloved Mirage. The direct injected Honda Fit comes to mind. So yes, the Mirage can move well enough if pressed, but it isn't a particularly pleasing sensation. I look forward to the return of summer gas and low rolling resistance tires. P.S. Mirage is much more pleasant to drive in smooth traffic than in stop and go. Sustained speeds good, getting up to speed repeatedly - not so good.
    Just hold the RPMs at 4k. Let off the gas as it picks up speed and you will feel the rubber bands pull you along haha.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HitShane For This Useful Post:

BostonJellyBean (12-15-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have a 2015 DE CVT.

It's not bad really. The power gets the job done. Haven't had any problems passing on the highways here in so-cal. Things can get a bit sluggish going up steeper grades, but I'm definitely able to keep a steady 75 mph pace when heading up the Cajon Pass and Grapevine if I keep the RPM's up.

It wont win any races though, that's for sure.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank_A05 For This Useful Post:

BostonJellyBean (12-23-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_A05 View Post
    I have a 2015 DE CVT.

It's not bad really. The power gets the job done. Haven't had any problems passing on the highways here in so-cal. Things can get a bit sluggish going up steeper grades, but I'm definitely able to keep a steady 75 mph pace when heading up the Cajon Pass and Grapevine if I keep the RPM's up.

It wont win any races though, that's for sure.
    Well if you can do Cajon and grapevine... Well I bet it's more than Mitsubishi thought it could. I was a 48 state for driver. I wanna know how it does up veil co and devils pass lol

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage Es 1.2 manual: 38.7 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    For commuting on 60mph highways and city driving its fine but if you go past 60mph and have the aircon running or have 4 people in the car.. its very very slow, too slow almost so i rate it adequate but i sometimes wish it had more power.
    I have the 1 litre european version if that makes a difference.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thecrow1981 View Post
    For commuting on 60mph highways and city driving its fine but if you go past 60mph and have the aircon running or have 4 people in the car.. its very very slow, too slow almost so i rate it adequate but i sometimes wish it had more power.
    I have the 1 litre european version if that makes a difference.
    I do notice a difference the odd time I have 4 passengers. As a tangent, it also has less ground clearance when loaded (4 passengers in a heavy snowfall and I was scraping bottom while with just me I was fine).

I have been impressed, though, at how well this thing chugs up hills. In the city, I find I use more RPM's than previous cars I have had, but it is just fine. On the highway, likewise, though around here our max speed is never more than 110kph (<70mph) and more often 100kph (62mph).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 45.0 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistah JT View Post
    I voted it needs more.
    I drive mine pretty hard. It is zippy but not in a fast way. Needs a bit more to for fill my needs.
    Then you may have bought the wrong car. Mirage is meant to save you gas not be zippy.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ESMirage2017 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (06-27-2017)

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    First off if you purchased a mirage then your first concern should have been saving money and getting from A to B. The mirage is amazingly efficient if you drive it right and has a super low operating cost. Its like nobody understands the purpose of this car. To anybody complaining about power, why the hell did you buy this car in the first place? The acceleration is perfectly fine if you don't plan on driving like a mad man like half the people on the road. Its not like speeding really gets you anywhere quicker anyways except closer to your grave. I understand wanting a powerful fun car but take the damn thing to a track instead of driving wrecklessly. Half of north America drive like its their last day on earth. I suppose my point is that you dont even need near the power people think you do. In my opinion everyone should be driving a mirage like car. Your almost stupid not too.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ESMirage2017 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (06-27-2017),mainertodd (06-28-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ESMirage2017 View Post
    In my opinion everyone should be driving a mirage like car.

Some posts deserve an entry into some type of hall of fame here.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

HitShane (06-27-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ESMirage2017 View Post
    First off if you purchased a mirage then your first concern should have been saving money and getting from A to B. The mirage is amazingly efficient if you drive it right and has a super low operating cost. Its like nobody understands the purpose of this car. To anybody complaining about power, why the hell did you buy this car in the first place? The acceleration is perfectly fine if you don't plan on driving like a mad man like half the people on the road. Its not like speeding really gets you anywhere quicker anyways except closer to your grave. I understand wanting a powerful fun car but take the damn thing to a track instead of driving wrecklessly. Half of north America drive like its their last day on earth. I suppose my point is that you dont even need near the power people think you do. In my opinion everyone should be driving a mirage like car. Your almost stupid not too.
    When you call someone stupid you should probably use the correct you're...

Edit: sorry I couldn't help it

15. The Following User Says Thank You to HitShane For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-27-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Alright everyone, bad air out, good air in.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)