Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smart phone dock recommendations?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Smart phone dock recommendations?

Looking for one and wondering what ones you guys are using. It'd be great if you had a pic of it installed, too!

Last edited by nickpon; 12-03-2015 at 01:04 AM.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    i have two type one with edhesive and the other ison the windshield. will post some tomorrow time to get some sleep! goodnight

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    here you go.

left side driver smartphone holder adjustable
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1447
Size:  13.3 KB

right side dashboard cellphone holder adhesive type but only fits upto iphone 5s
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1328
Size:  8.9 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

I ordered a cheap one from eBay to try out, but I'm still open to trying something else (hence why I bought cheap).

I think I'm going to end up mounting near the bottom-centre of the windshield. I'd rather do it on the dash, but the cold weather here will weaken the suction drastically on plastic. I figure the windshield will hold it much better. I also need to hook up an aux cord, so it's nice to keep my phone near the stereo.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have an iPod in the glovebox and don't use the CD player at all, so I bought:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JP0RTB4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailp age_o00_s00

I've tried a lot of mounts(most fall off; glue fails from sticker or suction cup fails) and this beats them all. Mounts in the cd slot. Never moves, phone holder never gets loose. With where our cd player is in the Mirage, it puts the phone pretty much right where a navigation screen would be anyway. I have the phone charge cord routed from the car lighter plug-in under the side of the radio surround and coming back out the right side with just enough slack to plug my phone in. Only dangles a little if phone isn't plugged in.

If your Mirage has the media system in it already, they make a matching one that clips onto the air vent.

http://www.amazon.com/Koomus-Air-Vent-Universal-Smartphone/dp/B00JNJPS4W/ref=pd_sim_107_4?ie=UTF8&dpID=51XKNnbX5yL&dpSrc=si ms&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=0MMJE10JKB2 HGB8WYDCZ

~Mystic

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 51.2 mpg (US) ... 21.8 km/L ... 4.6 L/100 km ... 61.5 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MysticMirage For This Useful Post:

TXmirageGUY (10-01-2018)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    That's cool. I never would have thought of using the CD player as a mount. That's definitely peaked my interest. The sturdiness sounds awesome.

I don't have the media system, but am hoping to upgrade to an aftermarket deck with bluetooth someday. Which is fine, because I'm not a fan of deck-mounted ones. My whole reasoning of buying a dock now is because there's no place to lay my phone to access it easily when I want to change a song/press next. I lay it in the rear cupholder now, which requires me to reach behind my seat basically, haha.

It's quite a bit more expensive in Canada, though

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nickpon View Post

I ordered a cheap one from eBay to try out, but I'm still open to trying something else (hence why I bought cheap).

I think I'm going to end up mounting near the bottom-centre of the windshield. I'd rather do it on the dash, but the cold weather here will weaken the suction drastically on plastic. I figure the windshield will hold it much better. I also need to hook up an aux cord, so it's nice to keep my phone near the stereo.
    if the suction doesnt work due to cold weather you may instead put in on top of the dashboard, the upper part where the aircon is located at the middle thats also a good spot!

Bikerfreind
    Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    I use this one, https://www.thansen.dk/bil/autoudsty.../pn-491081716/

Primary for my phone when I use it as gps.
    Normally it's just in my pocket and then I use the bluetooth connection..

You can buy theme cheap online, just try a search like "gps windshield mount" ..

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I ended up printing a custom one that mounts closer to the USB plug right below the HVAC controls. It has the charger built into it. Name:  20210324_114342.jpg
Views: 661
Size:  93.0 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamthelush View Post
    I ended up printing a custom one that mounts closer to the USB plug right below the HVAC controls. It has the charger built into it. Name:  20210324_114342.jpg
Views: 661
Size:  93.0 KB
    Looks like your phone holder is blocking the automatic climate control sampling port. It looks like a small air intake grill centered just below the buttons. Maybe someone smarter can verify this.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)